As for my reason to stay at this Resort: Diving
Rooms were well maintaind, a big plus.
Pool is perfect for a small swim and about 2 m deep at the far end. Ideal for family.
Beach about 3 M whide and the water is shallow ( by low tide and 50 cm with hight tide) till about 50 M out of the cost. beware of the Sea urchin. Not good for swimming.
The food there is real good agains real good prices. Defenetly eat there.
If you want to go to the busy area go to Alona beach. Here you find supermarkets, restaurants ed.
If you are looking for diving. the resort has his own divingscool. A big plus. If there is a trip to Balisac Island, go there. Snorkeling or diving, you will see Green Turtles there. We have seen at least 30 for each trip. ( bin there 3 times)
If you want to go to snakeisland for diving. Don't. Its a waste of time. The corals have bin distroyed and there is almost no fish left cause of overfishing.
Most other dives are in front of the cost and are drift dives. Current is slow to non existent. Good for beginners, nice for experienced divers. Depth til 30 m. Best Depth between 5 and 20 m
If you do want to go go to Alona beach and find your divingscool there. Also if you just want to go somewhere else Alona is good to get out of it. But don't expect to much. Prices are high but not as hight as in Cebu. So if you want to buy dried mango, do it there.
All in all, I had a great stay at Bohol Sea resort. And do go diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bohol Sea Resort is located directly on the naturally kept beach of Danao on Panglao Island, Bohol, one of the most beautiful islands of the Philippines. The famous Alona Beach is 2 kilometers (20 minutes walking or 3 minutes by motorbike) away. Great dive sites are starting just in front of the resort. Our paradise dive & holiday resort is furnished to best European standards and offers 20 elegant rooms and bungalows in different categories. Each accommodation has its own bathroom with shower, a terrace and free Wifi. The higher standard rooms also include television, minibar and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bohol Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohol Sea Hotel Panglao Island
- Bohol Sea Resort Panglao Island, Bohol Province