“Sadly Spoiled!”
Review of Lynwood Cafe

Lynwood Cafe
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Lechlade
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lynwood Cafe has such a lovely vibe, we were tempted to stay for brunch having initially decided to pop in for hot drinks only. The menu sounded just up our street and the staff were quick and attentive. My daughter and I had a fabulous brunch but my son, who had ordered avocado, feta and sumac on sourbread had a different experience. It was very heavy on the feta and after a couple of mouthfuls was really overwhelming. I tried it myself and one forkful was overly sharp boardering on sour tasting. My son was a bit embarrassed and didn't want to make a fuss and did his best to plough through as much as possible. He left quite a bit on the plate.
I thought I should mention it to the staff, which I did politely. I was told "next time you are in ask for less feta"
This was a really inadequate response. We were passing through and it did not cross our mind to ask for "less of anything".
It was a real shame. I came away sadly disappointed.

1  Thank cat53430

Reviewed 1 April 2018

There soda bread choices plus more is excellent and the cafe is always busy. My daughter had duck egg on soda bread with a garlic pesto. We had croque monsieur. Portions ample. Dog friendly after a long walk no matter what state you are in or the dog! Good coffee. Warm and friendly. As long as you dont get left with the table by the door! So come early.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed after being recommended this place, scrambled eggs really undercooked and bland, and to top it off halfway through found a piece of bacon...and as I’m vegetarian this put me off. Staff were apologetic but overall not impressed with this cafe.

1  Thank angeline a
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly service but food awful, coffee was luke warm and the scrambled eggs were so undercooked I sent them back. Overpriced and underwhelming.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Sensational cafe. All the best coffee shops are Australian and i onew this one was evrn before i was told the owner comes from Noosa! Superb coffee, classy brunch options, delectable lunch items and some yummy cakes. As a cyclist it had to be the polenta cake! Great, friendly service and good value.