Cotillo Ocean View(El Cotillo)
  • Free Internet
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench bakerysurferswetsuitsfuerteventurawifi
Reviewed 30 March 2017

This hotel was spotlessly clean, apparently having been recently and tastefully refurbished in most areas. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable, breakfasts were tasty with some unusual, interesting variations of choice. We did have a problem in finding the building initially as we were looking for what it used to look like and the hotel currently has no name on it. We were told it is soon going to be renamed as Laif and I think a new name would do justice to its smart, up to date look.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We stayed at the Soul Surfer Hotel from 7 to 14 January and had a lovely time. Staff were very friendly and the rooms were spotless. There is a lovely roof terrace to the hotel with pool as well. Lovely holiday, thank you.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We arrived late and the reception is closed after 8 pm. This was nicely solved by providing the key of our room in the locker and we could check in the next day, this was quite convenient. The staff is friendly and willing to help if you have any concerns, for example we could shower in one of the rooms before departure which was nice. The roof terrace and common area was great, it would be nice if the WIFI connection was a bit stronger and provided throughout the whole hotel.

I have some points of improvement The first one is the 'breakfast area', it's a bit dull. In my opinion they can make it more cosy and personal. Some nice decoration will be nice and it will invite the visitors to make use of this part of the hotel. The second one is something I really missed; the vibe. It was quite in the hotel which is nice at night but i missed the interaction with like minded people.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mitch T
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights as I fell in love with El Cotillo on previous visit. Well positioned with plenty of parking in local streets and within walking distance to good restaurants. On arrival we were met by Katerina who gave us a brilliant introduction to the surrounding area which was much appreciated. Rooms were clean and airy and if you needed anything all you had to do was ask.
WiFi was available in the reception area but I also found you could pick it up on the first two floor landings where they have some beanbags conveniently positioned for chilling out. The top floor has a great roof terrace with a small pool. Plenty of seating available and great views. I'm really glad I stayed here and all the staff are friendly and hard working to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Recommended

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016

I stayed here for almost the whole month of April.

This little hotel is very close to the village centre, beside a playground, opposite a Swiss bar called Ferret's.

The Soul Surfer is run and owned by Pilar, an exceptionally friendly, kind and helpful lady.

Pilar is ably assisted with the housekeeping by another lovely lady called Loli.

I got to know them quite well.

The hotel is very clean - absolutely no insects in the rooms.

There is a really nice swimming-pool and sunbathing terrace on the roof, which is on the 3rd floor.

The hotel has no bar facilities and breakfast is served to order for €5.

As I tend to rise early in the mornings and rarely have a big breakfast, I missed this service and opted to breakfast at the nearby El Goloso French bakery-patisserie.

This hotel is for adults only.

They have plenty of surplus sun creams and lotions that residents leave behind, which is useful.

Many thanks, Pilar, Loli, and everybody else for your lovely hospitality.

Timxox