“Simone the owner is wonderful...”

Osteria Il Gallo nel Pozzo
Reserve with
Osteria Il Gallo nel Pozzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Panicale
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Osteria 'Il Gallo nel Pozzo' occupies the ground floor of an old aristocratic house situated in the heart of the historic centre of Panicale.The ambience is very welcoming, wooden beams, original exposed stonework mixed with plastered walls painted in a delicate shade of pastel orange, small tables mainly on a mezzanine floor which has views out onto the piazza, and soft background music.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Just had a wonderful meal with 7 of us. Simone the owner is a wonderful man, so helpful and accommodating. He was also sweet, calling his wife the "Queen of Pannecotta" which of course we had to have. The younger kids finished their plates of Carbonara (which had a nice modern spin on the traditional) which they never do. My chicken liver pate was first class. Everyone seems to have enjoyed their meal, so much so that we have reserved a table for next week. Situated in a beautiful square, nice breeze. Recommended.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The food was so good that I got tears in my eyes. Also very friendly staff. Not unimportant; the location, Piazza Umberto I in Panicale, is very romantic

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Osteria ll Gallo Mel Pizzi restaurant is positioned in a lovely spot in the square beneath the Cathedral. We sat outside in this beautiful setting - Service was good, food cooked to a high standard and the choice was very good The restaurant was very clean and the staff were attentive A restaurant for a special meal ,good service, lovely food & prices to match. (prices about what you would pay in the U.K. Approx Eur15 for main meal)

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Visiting Umbria and discovered this gem of a restaurant in the Square in Panicale. Food is simply delicious. Loved it so much we returned two days later and hope to fit in a 3rd trip before we fly home. Great wines - quality is amazing considering the exceptional value. Faultless service from the restaurant team too. The best food we have found in Umbria...and there is plenty of good competition.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We went here tonight for a dinner. Our meal was spectacular! My melted fresh pecorino with figs was the most innovative course I have tasted. My husband had pate with corn bread. It was good, a new taste and very tasty. For main course I had slow cooked pork shoulder. It was very good but my partner had cockerel It was really really tasty. Enough for us no room for dessert. Next time,I will they looked great