“Need functioning air conditioning”

Trattoria La Patria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Very busy at lunchtime. Waitress not friendly and without a written menu. Limited verbal menu. Food was average.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Authentic place. Full, obviously because of all the other places I this town are closed during the day.

Got seated after a while. A waiter presented us with limited choices of spaghetti for lunch. Went for spaghetti with tomato sauce which were ok. At this moment I could have eaten spaghetti with ketchup after walking hungry around looking for places to eat for a while.

Extremely hot inside, could have used a fan.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Ok food, but extremely hot inside. In addition they where not very friendly and we did not get a menu.

Ended up with pasta and tomato saus, it tasted good and was fairly priced.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Our host at the agriturismo recommended this place. She said, because of the day, no reservations were needed. When we showed up at the restaurant we were quickly dismissed in an unfriendly way. They said they had no space for us. It was 6PM and we would have been the first customers of the evening.
Our
There is a super market at the bottom of the hill. We still had a great dinner, just had to make it ourselves.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I love me some thermals which is why we were in Rapolo. Afterwards me and my guy were starving so we had to find someplace to eat. This place was cute so we gave it a shot. This place is what off the grid travel is all about! The restaurant was filled with locals. There was no menu, and we were the only non-Italians there. We were given a choice of short or long noodles with either marinara, spicy marinara, or meat sauce for the primeri. For the secondi we were given the choice of salchicha and fagioli or some other thing (since the waitress was speaking in Italian I didn't understand all of it). We each went for the pasta followed by the sausage and beans. We also each had wine. The red house wine was awesome. It is a montipulciano. The food was good. It wasn't the best we had in Italy, but it was way better than most places we ate. Now this is a place where you don't dictate your experience. You go along with the flow, and do as the locals do. If you can do that, this place is awesome. It felt like we were actually experiencing Italy rather than the tourist traps of the larger or more touristy towns. We liked the wine so much we asked to buy a bottle. We were lucky some young locals were there to translate for us because the staff is limited on their English. I thought we'd be buying a bottle. Silly me. Since it was the house wine it was in a barrel. The owner simply rinsed out another wine bottle, and filled it up with the house wine. The funny thing is we never knew what the prices were. Since most everyone looked like a local (blue and white collar) I figured it would be reasonable. The charge for two people to have primeri, secondi, bread, wine at the table, water, bottle of wine to go, and espresso was 35 euros. Awesome. We enjoyed that bottle of wine the next couple nights. To me this is why travelis all about. The night before we had eaten at a Michelin rated restaurant, and while we had the chance to talk to one very interesting local lady, it lacked the warmth of La Patria. If you are picky this may not be for you, but we loved it.

1  Thank LetsGoSeeThings