US$320
US$272
US$220
Hotels.com
Hotel Puku Vai(Hanga Roa)
US$240
Taura'a Hotel(Hanga Roa)
US$162
Kaimana Inn Hotel & Restaurant(Hanga Roa)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$88
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Cabanas Tokerau(Hanga Roa)
US$100
Chez Steve Residencia Kyle Mio(Hanga Roa)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelocity
US$140
Hostal Tojika(Hanga Roa)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$151
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$620
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 February 2015

1st Hotel which was built in Hanga Roa ( 15 - 20 Minutes walk ) Nice big clean room, bath/WC – shower, electric etc. GOOD. Bed was arranged, room was cleaned every day !! Friendly
owner and staff. you can rent his car 40$ p day, breakfast okay ( but every day the same),

usable swimming pool (but a bid dirty) and palm trees. You get a airport transfere, when leaving. Prices are to high !!!!!!!!!!!!

Most other facilities described in booking.com NOT useable. The Hotel is 40 years old and need maintanance, which is done, if there are guests or not. A bid noicy daytimes. All
meal facilities 15-20 walk in Honga Roa. Basic BF, no fried eggs, not enough fruits.
No small shop, for a bottle of coke or water you need to walk 15 Min .......

Room Tip: diff. Types, from single with bath/shower to 2 room appartments
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were unfortunate to have our hotel reservation being changed to this hotel, Hotu Matua.
The hotel is located outside of the city at Easter Island, about 30 min by walk to the main street. Not a long distance, but problematic when the hotel does not even sell bottled water (nor food), and you must go to the city to buy this and other basic items as well!!
The hotel is from the 70's and have not been renovated since then. All interior is old or broken, the pool area is dirty and the pool is green of bad water.
We had to change rooms three times in order to get a fairly decent room with a working toilet and shower, and being able to close the front door. The room was really bad, but better than the rest of the rooms... :-(

The bed, linen, pillows, and the floor was so dirty that you would get your feet black of dirt even when walking a couple of meters from bathroom to the bed. Even after extra cleaning of the rooms, the floor was really dirty.
Beside this, there were both ants and cockroaches in the room (and in the bed and in our bags and clothes). We got a bottle with "Radar" when we complained about it...

Do not stay at this hotel!!! And if you get "transferred" due to overbooking, demand to be richly compensated in doing so!

• Stayed: March 2013
9  Thank Patrikru
Reviewed 11 February 2009

We stayed at this hotel and despite being warned about how bad it was I still was not fully prepared for what greeted me. The rooms although large are horrendous with sheets as old as time and the worst bathroom I have ever seen. All rooms were infested with ants and cockroaches. No air condtioning and the thing that really made me laugh is that there is no such thing as an alarm call as the walls are so incredibly thin that as soon as one person wakes up, the whole block is up.
I have no objection to a basic hotel room but this was oddly furnished with ancient bunche of dusty fake flowers and dirty looking rugs on the floor (these could at least be placed over the drains to try and limit the entrance of roaches.) Doors did not lock and the place was unclean. Honestly if I was returning to the stunningly beautiful Easter Island I would prefer to stay in the campsite on the island than this hotel.
I was there on business and not paying the extortionate price but please for goodness sake if you are on honeymoon or a special trip please do not consider this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
12  Thank NadineBaggott
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I had booked into another hotel, but it was overbooked and I was put into the Hotu Matua and assured that it was an upgrade to a five-star hotel. I have no doubt that this hotel was once five-star in the distant past. It is a sprawling property near the airport, but the rooms are small. It has a swimming pool that is small but clean and gardens that, no doubt, were once beautiful but are now somewhat neglected. I was put into a room that smelled of mold and mildew, and when I opened the bathroom door, my lungs started to close up from all the black borders on the floor and walls. When I asked if I could have a room in which I could breathe, I was immediately given another room that was a great improvement, though it still smelled of mildew. There is no air conditioning, though I had a rusty fan. The sheets were threadbare, and there was no matress pad. The room was not clean, and it was cleaned only once during the five days that I was there; even then, it was not cleaned well enough to remove the flecks of toilet paper on the floor or the cracker crumbs that attracted hordes of tiny ants. There were mosquitoes, too. When I needed clean towels, I had to ask for them. After the first night, I had no hot water. There was seldom anyone in the office, and my second room did not have a telephone. Only the owner speaks a little English, but the two other workers I met understood my Spanish and were very kind and helpful. The Continental breakfast was adequate and the dining room relatively clean. A full breakfast costs $20.00 and lunch and dinner cost $28.00 each. A single room costs $120.00 per night. The hotel is located on a dirt road about 20 minutes from the village. All in all, the hotel was not very good, but I was told by others that it is not that bad for Easter Island.

Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank WebsterWaco_Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2008

The Hotel is quite old and the rooms are without air condition, they just have a fun. The rooms are big but not clean, the sheet seems to have many many years. The shower (in a bathtube) is just a pipeline from the wall and its hard to mix hot and cold water. The swimming pool is not very clean (we didnt dare to swim in it).
The butter they gave us for breakfast was probabaliy the cause of the diarrhea me and my wife had.
We spent 3 long nights and we were very happy to leave.
The only good thing is that it is close to airport so it easy to go away :)
The price in the reception say 150USD for a single and 180USD for a double........seems quite too much for this place, we booked a package so we dont really know how much we payed exactly.

Please dont go.......