All reviews in town ceiling fan easter island hot water reception building hotel restaurant is lovely hotel small pool the pacific ocean chilli local museum rapa nui watch the sunset four nights rooms are large no air conditioning post office
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Altiplanico. Easter Island is a remote spot. It is also a Tropical Island, that in mind.. there will be bugs, ants, and other small non scary creatures. There are no screens on the doors but keeping them open at night creates a cool breeze and is quite comfortable if you enjoy a warm climate.
We could watch the sunset from our room every night.
The walk into town is 30 minutes and is over some rough terrain. Wise to bring a flashlight for the trip home at night.
Breakfast is great. Having read a few older reviews I see that they have changed the menu. You are offered eggs, there is plenty of fruit, meats, cheese, tomatoes, cereals, breads.. and coffee. What more could you want.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
The restaurant was very good but too expensive for us.
I did not give the hotel a better rating because we fought for hot water. I do not know if it is just the individual bungalow or an over all property problem.
Nice hotel, beautiful views.

1  Thank Marilyn1974
Reviewed 31 January 2018

They tell you it is a 25 minute walk to town. Don't believe them it is closer to an hour and over rocky uneven ground. Large room but it has no air con and the fan is so high up it makes no difference if it is on or off. I ended up with heat rashes all over the tops and bottoms of my legs from the first night. I managed to survive the next 2 nights by going to bed in a wet sarong and getting up through the night to splash more water onto me. The staff clean the room and leave the blinds up so that it is like a sauna when you get back there in the afternoon. It is ok if you open all the doors and windows and put the blinds down until sunset- but there are no screens so if you feel uncomfortable/unsafe sleeping with doors and windows open in a foreign country, like I do, be prepared to swelter. If you like having a hot or warm shower this is not the place for you. No hot water during our 3 night stay. The restaurant is very over priced and not good. My daughter ordered a simple dish of pasta with a tomato sauce- hard to stuff up surely- it was inedible and set us back $30US. Not surprisingly we didn't eat there again. There are no other restaurants close by so it is either a taxi into town or a long walk into town or time to start that diet.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wendykl2015
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I found the hotel in the room with dirty walls, lots of ants on the bed, dirty sheets with burn marks. Finally a poor service, I did not recommend this hotel because my experience was horrible , try another !

Room Tip: nothing to choose
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed there four nights. The hotel is on a hillside near the ocean. Our room ( I think most rooms) opened to a direct view of the ocean and sunset, as does their restaurant dining room. The grounds are beautiful. Lunch and dinners at the hotel were among the best on the island- and were the best we’ve had so far in Chile. The chef creates the most beautiful plates, with everything perfectly cooked!
The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful.
We had to write a review for this superb hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at Altiplanico at the end of our month-long holiday in Chile and we were quite satisfied. The Island as such is fantastic, so we spent most days touring and appreciated the tranquillity offered at the hotel, which is a 20 minute walk from town. We had a moped and that facilitated transport, otherwise it’s only 5,000 pesos from the airport.

Setting is beautiful, 17 bungalows in a garden full of flowers and sea view. The hotel has a small pool, and a nice common area (with poor WiFi, so get downtown to the free Gobierno hot-spots ti download your heavy files). Rooms are clean, breakfast is quite good for such a small setting, dinner is great.

Fix the WiFi and you get 5 stars from me