“Great food and service”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Herradura
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Since 1952, Family owned and operated. Family Descendants were founders of the town of Herradura. Fresh, quality Costa Rican Cuisine. Our Specialty is our family Recipe of Ceviche. Located 50 meters from the Herradura Bay Beach. You will find very local flair. A place where everyone remembers your name. Local prices for everyone. "Puesta del Sol" the "sunset" enjoy the sunset on or around 5:30 pm-6pm. follow us on Facebook at lapuestadelsolherradura Pura Vida!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were staying in the Los Suenos community down the road from this restaurant. It is an easy walk from the condo and we were greeted right away by Maldon. My husband can't have gluten and we weren't sure if we could make this clear to them. No problem, he enjoyed the fish taco and I had shrimp with cream sauce. We returned the next night with more of our family and were delighted with the friendly atmosphere. It is next to the beach where the local's enjoy themselves, so it is a very causal place to have a Imperial beer or eat. The cerviche is made with Marlin and outstanding. The two wonderful ladies in the spotless kitchen were tickled when I asked to take their picture. We made a point of thanking Nora, the owner for their hospitality. We have pictures of Eddie and Maldon and will remember them fondly. Venture out from the resort and see what else there is.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nora and her family run an outstanding business on the beach at Playa Herradurra. She is lovely and personable. The service here is excellent

Reviewed 25 February 2018

was staying next door at the Marriott. Found out about this place my second day and returned every day after!!! Dennis and Eddie at the bar are awesome!!! The owner cant remember her name but she was great as well playing old school hip hop on the juke box. Great atmosphere with locals and tourists. Food portions are huge and beer is always cold.
I am coming back in April so see everyone real soon!!!! I will be rocking the Seattle Sonics Shawn Kemp jersey for sure!!!!!!!

1  Thank timfaz
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Nothing special. It was loud and to bright at night. Food was bland, had the beef fajitas and hubby had a beef tipical plate the meat was the exact same just came with different sides.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We tried the other two Restaurants next door and they were ok, then we tried La Puesta Del Sol our last night.
They don't take credit cards and we knew that, so we met the pretty older lady who is the owner then came the server, think he was he son, nice, spoke perfect English and always smiling!
I had 2 glasses of wine, my husband two beers, homemade guacamole and chips, then I ordered the red snapper in a red sauce, salad and steamed vegetables, my Husband has pork fajitas with salad and vegetables, all for $30.00 and this was the best dinner that we had while visiting Costa Rica....