2,518 results
All reviews golf course los suenos swim up bar costa rica breakfast buffet kids club piko travel san jose zip lining beautiful property amazing pool rented a car herradura beach la vista all inclusive package rainy season indalecio rocha ibarra
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We stayed in the. Era da condos in Los Suenos. A pool for every group of condos that was never occupied. A view of the golf course and jungle with parrots and monkeys. And a great central pool with an amazing view of the water and beach. You just can’t beat it. We rented a car in San Jose and drove out. An easy hour and a half on nice roads. The evenings we drove in to Jaco for one of the many restaurants.
I would suggest going to Quepos for fishing(much cheaper) and going to Manuel Antonio Park. Monkeys everywhere.
A great trip!

Room tip: Look at resort map. Try to get near the main pool.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Marriot Los Suenos is an incredible resort in Costa Rica and one that I highly recommend.

Location: Although it is a 1.5hr drive to and from the airport, being in Herradura is advantageous. Jaco is only 15mins away so going to Jaco for food and activities is very easy. Having the Los Suenos Marina a 7min walk away was ideal because there were many restaurants and shops located there. In terms of tours, Manuel Antonio is 1.5hrs away which makes for a great day trip. The best part about being in Herradura is having a range of activities available such as ATV tours, Waterfall tours and rainforest tours.

Rooms: Comfortable, clean and excellent WiFi (coverage all over the hotel). I stayed as a family of four and the staff were able to put two rollaway beds into my room. Everyone slept comfortably, and with plenty of space (a huge thank you to the room staff). Additionally, I had the Garden Terrace room which is a plus to have a terrace.

Dining: Breakfast is fantastic at this hotel as food ranges from pancakes, waffles and eggs to exotic fruits (an American/Costa Rican style breakfast). In addition, the seating at breakfast is especially incredible because the views are spectacular.

The gift shop has excellent food with many options. This was very helpful to get a midday snack. But, other than food everything seemed very pricey in the gift shop.

Bar Ocho has plenty of food and drinks and was also a great place to get a snack.

Room Service was convenient and came very quickly. Even though one of my room service requests was billed incorrectly, it was quickly fixed and I received a large chocolate Haagen Dazs for the trouble. The service at this hotel is the best!

The tennis courts are awesome at this hotel and they offer free 2 hours as a part of the resort fee. The tennis courts are also equipped with water coolers which really helps. Additionally, the hotel provides racquets so everyone in my family could play.

Pool: The pool is one of the greatest I’ve have ever seen (My family found the hotel by googling best pools in Costa Rica). It is enormous and has plenty of seating. In addition, the poolside restaurant is a plus.

Golf: The driving range is exceptional with pristine golf carts and clubs. The driving range is free with the resort free (one free bucket) which was a great add-on.

Fitness Center: Plenty of equipment with friendly service. The steam room and sauna were good bonuses.

Service: The service was top notch as everyone was very friendly and helpful. Every request was done on time and done in an expeditious manner. The service at this hotel was so awesome, it made my experience so much better. I want to especially thank Henry and Edwardo at Hacienda Kitchen, Willy at Ocho 8, and Christopher in security. All were so excellent in their service and I really appreciate their kindness and helpfulness.

Bottom Line: This hotel is one of the best resorts I’ve ever been to. The service is first class, the location is advantageous, the amenities are out of this world, and dining is terrific. This is the perfect hotel for a family stay in Costa Rica.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cjkranz
TeamCR, General Manager at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello dear cjkranz,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for your excellent comments, for us is awesome to read your comments and to know that you had a really good stay with your family in our property.

Hope to see you soon here again and to receive your good comments in our Guest Survey as well.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I would have given this hotel 4 stars based on excellent service and terrific pools, but just couldn’t because it was so hard to find a good affordable meal on the hotel grounds. We did enjoy the breakfast buffet and kids ate free at the breakfast and the girls loved the bright cheerful room where they got to decorate pancakes every morning. If you are willing to walk a little with the kids or take a taxi or Uber there are cheaper restaurants with more authentic food or at least restaurants at same price point as hotel restaurants, but with better food. Note, apparently Uber is not legal here and on one trip that I took by myself to the supermarket, my Uber driver made me ride up front to avoid getting stopped by police. The Mediterranean restaurant on grounds was not worth the price, Same with bar on 2nd floor. We did not eat at the Hacienda Kitchen for dinner. The kids’ club was clean and bright and had toys and modern videos to watch. We had to stay with our 3 year old, check on age limit before you go. The kids loved the evening movie in the pool as well. Housekeeping, waitstaff, bellman, all helpful and friendly. We used Piko travel for all trips while in Costs Rica and were happy
with them. All in all a great trip but stressful finding good meal options!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C

Hello dear Lisa C,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for letting us know your comments, for us it is very important to know them.

We tell you that our hotel has a unique and different gastronomic variety, that's why we offer different options such as: our pool side bar and mediterranean restaurant Zoe, Hacienda Kitchen, Bar 8, 18 & Greene, Casa del Café and our Sushi Bar.

In all those that we commented previously you can find variety of delicious options and with the quality that characterizes us.

We are very pleased to know that you had an excellent experience with our team and that in general everything else you and your family could enjoy.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night while traveling to Ojochal. We had a beautiful room with an ocean view. The grounds were nice to walk through. The resort is tucked in a bay which is nice. There was a small shopping area and marina a short walk from the hotel. The staff were so kind and accommodating. When we checked in we were given an upgrade. The breakfast buffet the next morning was very good. Could have stayed here longer. We will be back.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello dear donair00,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much for your good comments, it is awesome to know that your stay was wonderful and that you enjoyed. Hope to see you soon here and to receive your good comments in our Guest Survey as well.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Stayed here 5 nights in mid Feb 2018 as a 50th bday gift from my wife. We had stayed in Los Suenos 3 yrs prior, but not at the Marriott (but at a Condo inside the property). First impression was great, with easy check-in and nice people. The room was clean, but a little worn, which we got over quickly. The real gem of this property is all it has to offer. 3 restaurants and a good bar menu (including fresh made sushi), coupled with awesome pool side service means you never have to leave. But if you want to mix it up the marina has 3 more restaurants with beautiful views and menus and is a 10 min walk. They do get you for 10% service fee + 13% tax on everything so the bill adds up quick, but you are getting quality expected from a higher end Marriott property.
After traveling all around the Caribbean, Los Suenos has become my "unplug" spot and I will be returning....hopefully sooner than later.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello JSitko,
Hope you are good.

Thank you very much to let us know your awesome comments, it are very important for us to know them. Our goal is to make feel our guests in home away from home.

Hope see you soon here again!

Regards,