TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspizzathe pubrooms are smallglass of wineboarroom was cleancooked breakfasthokianga harbourseafoodlive musicclassic kiwigreat atmospherelarge showerkauri treeslovely locationacross the roadstayed here for nights
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stopped for a coffee, ordered a Cappuccino and a Mocha to enjoy on the bar patio. Told the barrista twice that we wanted to enjoy our coffees there, not take-away. She prepared them in a paper cup. Neither had foam. Neither had coffee flavor. Both were served luke warm. Posted price was $4 for a regular, $4.50 for a large. They had only one size paper cup. We were charged $5 for each. Very unsatisfying. If this is any indication about the quality of this Hotel, beware.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

A real disappointment. The food was a joke. We ordered from the "famed" Stonegrill Menu": The "Chicken" was supposed to be served with Peanut Satay Sauce. All we got was three minuscule strips of chicken on a hot stone. No Satay sauce (had to ask for it an when it came it was in a tiny little cup). Honestly there would not have been more than 100 grams of chicken. That was it. $20??? What a rip off.
Never ever will be gong there agin.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Nice place friendly people but the dinner was not good my wife's lamb cutlets were mutton and badly cooked my meal was a non roast of pork otherwise a good place

Use for accomodation as this was comfortable and tidy

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Very disappointing the web site did not say restaurant was not open every night.
Room small but lovely room with a view of the sea - amazing would come back again very soon
This is an amazing part of New Zealand - relaxing, quite, and truly beautiful - definitely a must to visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

On our trip "Up North" to Cape Reinga booked at the Opononi knowing little about it apart from its geographic location about half way from Auckland to the Cape. Drive there was great and the final view over Hokianga Harbour was spectacular and very much a surprise. Drove past the hotel thinking it was not near the pub and again surprised when we stopped. Limited rooms and I was a bit dubious at first until the room was opened. Beautifully appointed and fresh. Beach themed furnishings but very skeik. Bathroom substantial and the water hot.... a must for me. Bed was very comfortable. Three of us sat on the small verandah overlooking the car park and it was surprisingly quiet despite the comings and goings. We had wine and cheese there for a few hours so had it been otherwise than quiet that would not have happened. We did not go to the restaurant (Boar and Marlin) in the 'pub' but the menu was extensive and offered a range of seafood - as you would expect - and also pastas, steaks etc. If I do this trip again I shall be staying here when I do.

Room Tip: My room abutted the hotel car park but it was very quiet and I would suggest staying on that side.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends