This was our second trip to Titikaveka Beach and our first stay at Makayla Palms. We stayed for 12 nights and it passed all too quickly as always. The accomodation was perfect, location spectacular (we rate Titikaveka as the best spot on Rarotonga) and we were looked after by the great team of Grace, Loving and Fred. They were very helpful whilst at the same time being respectful of our privacy. On hand if we needed something or some advice. Most evenings we used the BBQ and ate outside buying fish, meat and produce locally picking herbs from Fred's herb garden. Standouts were the tuna steaks and passion fruit. The bungalow was clean and bright with attention having been given to guests needs, with DVD's, welcome pack of wine and home baking, fruit basket, books, games, snorkelling gear etc. Nice shower. The snorkelling is simply spectacular and the beach less than a minutes walk. My husband hired a bicycle in Muri and enjoyed his cycle around the Island which took less than 3 hours. The location was very peaceful but we were slightly unlucky with the weather which was quite windy at times. Overall a wonderful relaxing holiday and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Titikaveka, Rarotonga, Cook Islands