We stayed at Makayla Palms for 10 night in the October school holiday this year and as usual when leaving Raro we wanted to stay longer. Having been to the island numerous times over the last 30 years I have seen many changes especially in Muri Beach where the road front has been overdeveloped looking like a mini Bali though the night food market is a welcome addition.
Titikaveka Beach is fantastic, the snorkeling right in front of MP is very good and you can have the beach to yourself most of the time apart from the friendly local dogs who are happy to take you for a walk or come and sit in the shade with you for a short visit.
We stayed in Villa Tia closest to the beach and found it very comfortable and perfect for us. John and Rachel were very helpful and sorted out the issue we had with the hot water as soon as they were able. The gardens are very well kept and after meeting and talking with Nga a local planting kumara next door we were taken to his plantation for a tour and given fresh fruit every day afterwards. We used the scooter while staying which was great for getting round the island, down to Muri etc. Our favourite "local" restaurant was Vaima where the food was amazing and had the bonus of a pick up and drop off service at night. Highly recommended also was Charlies which serves huge portions which are enough for 2 in most cases.
I can highly recommend this place and hope to visit again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Titikaveka, Rarotonga, Cook Islands