“Memorbale”

Loch Lomond Seaplanes
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: Unforgettable iconic seaplane flights over one of the most magnificent landscapes in the world!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The most amazing experience and the perfect way to see beautiful Scotland. The staff are totally professional and very informative.

All reviews
"great commentary"
"great trip"
"sunny day"

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely did not disapp5oint, it was a spectacular trip with super views over the loch and mountains. We were however very lucky with the weather, the day before and I am not sure that it would have been so super. Any way would recommend that you have a go the pilot puts you totally at ease and the take off and landing is silky smooth!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I had this as a birthday gift, and boy did we enjoy the trip, As with many others, we had booked previously only to have the weather intervene, and then drive home to Manchester, not this time. The weather was sunny but cold, and the views we enjoyed were so picturesque - the islands, snow-capped hills, it was immense. The pilot's commentary was superb and very informative from start to finish, and the seaplane very comfortable. We have some fab photos, and would recommend this to anyone. Compliments to the lady who poured our sparkling wine after landing, Dave the pilot, and his asst who helped with the plane mooring, well done

1  Thank Jon C
LLSeaplanes, Owner at Loch Lomond Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Jon C, many thanks indeed for your very kind word - delighted that you enjoyed the flight - winter is definitely the best time to fly (it's certainly our favourite time of year) even if we have a few more weather interruptions.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

This is a positive review - first off I must complement Fiona and the Customer service aspect of Loch Lomond seaplanes - they dealt with our problems in a way that you would treat others in very hard circumstances. they are really just like us and have a difficult job to co-ordinate the flights and keep everyone happy.
to outline I bought my father a trip for his 70th birthday, 2 cancelled trips later and with extension from Loch Lomond - just 2 days after his last cancelled flight he had a brain injury and remains in hospital to this day(7/2/18) he will never be able to fly the Seaplane. the moral here is please buy the ticket with insurance, be prepared you may never fly, and please be nice to them because I'm sure if your lucky enough to fly it must be so special.. thank you Loch Lomond you have restored a little faith in the human race..... who knows maybe I will buy a ticket in memory one day....

1  Thank Paul O
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I was given a flight for my birthday. Something I have wanted to do for a while. I live locally, so last minute changes wasn’t a problem. My original flight was cancelled due to bad weather, which is something to consider when in Scotland. My flight was rescheduled and on the day before, I was contacted and told that I had been upgraded due to a passenger cancellation. This meant I was on the longer flight, and what a flight it was. The weather was ideal and the scenery was truly terrific. We were kept informed all through the flight by the skipper, who pointed out various landmarks and areas.
Full safety was explained before the flight. The aircraft is a newer type than the picture shows. A turboprop, if that means anything. The take off and landing was very smooth and quite an experience on water. The crew and staff were very helpful and did everything they could to make this trip work.
I recommend a flight, but remember that Scottish weather can change.

1  Thank Martyn B

Hi Martyn B, many thanks indeed for taking the time to post your review - we're delighted that you enjoyed the flight - winter is most definitely the best time to fly (it's certainly our favourite time of year) even if we have a few more weather interruptions.