Ardoch Cottage(Gartocharn)
6,184 results
All reviewscameron houseboat housethe grillvalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesafternoon teafirst classinfinity pool
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at Cameron house in September 2011 and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was truly magical and I know I will certainly return one day. They welcomed us so warmly and all the staff just couldn't help enough. They kindly shared their tales with us and related to us immediately, with fantastic service. The house is a mix of old and traditional Scottish elements (Tartan, leather) but still modern and up to date. Its certainly travelled through the ages in style!
We felt at home as soon as we step through those doors. The food and wine were absolutely delicious in both the Cameron Grill and the Boat House. The breakfast has all the typical plus all the traditional Scottish elements like Haggis and Kippers etc. Also the bar is FULL of different aged Whiskeys for all those connoisseurs!
The Spa was fantastic! Beautifully laid out with all the facilities to hand. Again all the staff and therapist were an absolute pleasure to talk to. The treatment I had was an experience I certainly wont forget, and how original it was! With the 'Rain massage' I felt like I was being massaged under a waterfall! The therapist was so well experienced and well trained I felt completely at ease in her hands. The Loch cruise was also 5*!!! The guides were extremely informative and the lovely glass of champagne certainly helped! My time there is unforgettable and I have memories to treasure forever, I would 100% recommend CH to everyone. Thank you all at Cameron House! I'll be back one day!

1  Thank BiancaT9
CameronHouseLL, Public Relations Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Thank you indeed for contributing such a positive recommendation! We are really pleased that you believe Cameron House successfully pays tribute to its baronial past, while still offering contemporary comforts and finishing’s. Thank you also for your praise of our restaurants, and food and beverage selection. It is also terrific to learn that you found the Rainshower massage to be such a unique, and enjoyable experience, and we do hope your Loch cruise left you with a fantastic and lasting memory of Cameron and the surrounding isles…
Thank you again for your review, and we do look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Location stunning. Service great. Concierge very helpful. Plenty of things to do. Restaurants are very nice and atmospheric. Most people will love this hotel.

Was little disappointing to discover no mobile reception in our room (got 1 bar occasionally if the phone was placed in window) although I could get good reception outside. Same problem with wifi. Little unusual for such a prestigious hotel didn’t have mobile/wifi repeaters to give good coverage. Note: there was cat5 (cabled) internet in the room. Did not spoil anything.

Breakfast was sparse. No tea pot one day (did without) and a “basket of pastries” is actually one very cold small croissant and a tiny cold pain au chocolat.

So would suggest an improved breakfast and getting mobile/wifi access for us geeks.
Other than that wonderful weekend.

PS. We loved the Segway safari ! brilliant.

Room Tip: Lock view room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Glenn T

Many thanks you for your review! Especially for your praise of our Concierge team, and the atmosphere within our resort. Thank you also for recommending the segway safari to other travellers, this is certainly an enormously enjoyable (and unique) way to absorb the Loch side surroundings.
I must, however apologise that you were not able to sample the plentiful, and varied breakfast that most of our guest do, and please be advised that we have recently upgraded the strength of our WIFI connectivity levels,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have been very fortunate in that we have been able to travel to the highest standards and have stayed in suites all over the world.
On this note we can say that the beautiful setting and luxurious décor make the Cameron House a striking hotel, but it is the service we experienced that sets it apart as a destination.

From the moment we arrived, the hotel Butler, George Telford, transformed our stay into an experience, ensuring that we were comfortably settled in, fed, watered and dinner reservations arranged so that there was nothing for us to do other than relax and enjoy the hotel and surroundings. Throughout our stay he greeted us at our chosen restaurant of the evening and ensured that everything was to our liking. On checkout our bill was ready and the car was brought to door before we had even made the phone call for luggage to be collected.

The food and service at the restaurant was excellent with friendly, professional staff who made delicious recommendations and never left our glasses dry.

We left wishing that we had planned to stay just a little bit longer.

In conclusion, our experience at the Cameron House has made every other suite that we have stayed in seem like nothing more than a larger room. Well done to the staff, we look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Tash&John

Many thanks indeed for your kind review! We are delighted that George was able to help organise all aspects of your stay so seamlessly, and that you felt the service from our Team makes Cameron such a tremendous resort. Your high praise of our suites is also very much appreciated, thank you again for sharing this with other travellers,
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Everything is right about this hotel. The building, the location, the staff, the food, the attention to detail, excellent. If you can be a bit flexible on dates you may get a discounted price which makes it even better.

1  Thank stroller2

A huge thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed such an all round great stay with us, and your praise is very much appreciated!
We do have some great promotions available on our website, so please review these when you are thinking of returning,

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Having travelled reasonably extensively, I can comfortably state that I have not visited anywhere better and if you have read previous reviews I have high expectations, not always fulfilled!
Cameron House on Loch Lomond starts from being probably the most spectacular, romantic, restful location. When you factor in a wonderful hotel, whose staff seem only to wish to make your stay perfect, this is indeed a special and wonderful place. I have stayed in many De Vere properties and they are OK and better but this is their veritable jewel in their crown. I just can't praise or recommend it highly enough. Walking, sailing, eating, golfing, top class leisure centre, cheerful helpful concierge staff to drive you to wherever you may wish to go, there is nothing more to want for. The Celtic Warrior is also available for a cruise on the Loch. Just heaven and I can't wait to return.
I have favourite hotels in South Africa and British Columbia but as an overall experience this beats the lot!!

1  Thank Colin B
CameronHouseLL, Public Relations Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

A massive thank you for your review! It is so encouraging to receive praise of this level, and we are delighted that we were able to deliver an experience of the calibre described…
I am also really glad that you found our team to be so obliging, and they really do make our resort much more than just a wonderful location.
Please contact me when you plan to return, so I can ensure your next stay is as enjoyable as your most recent visit,

Kindest Regards,