US$107
US$91
Ardoch Cottage(Gartocharn)
6,187 results
All reviewsthe grillboat housecameron housevalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesfirst classafternoon teainfinity pool
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Just returned from a 4 day stay at Cameron House and what an experience! From arrival to leaving we encountered friendliness, helpfulness and general attention to making the stay the best experience to be had there. The location is stunning and 2 of the days were bright, sunny and beautiful, the 3rd typically wild and moody for Scotland at this time of year. The hotel deserves it 5 stars, we were upgraded to a suite - wonderful. The decor is very fitting for a former baronial home, dark and full of log fires and tartan! The food in the Cameron Grill and at the Boathouse was superb. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

A massive thank you for your review! It is tremendous to learn that you enjoyed such a great break with us! I really appreciate you communicating the warmth, and attention to detail that you experienced from our team here at Cameron House. It is also great that you were able to experience Cameron House in some of the finer weather that we have been fortunate enough to enjoy lately!
I do look forward to welcoming you back, and hope that you and your friends are able to return in the near future,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Myself and my husband just had a 2 night stay for my birthday and it was just amazing....the hotel is stunning and the food is amazing. I would throughly recommend taking the warrior cruise of the loch whereby you get a glass of champagne whilst taking in the scenery. This hotel is the ideal place to relax and have a well earned break. The swimming pool and spa is second to none and the staff are aways willing to help. The only slight problem I found was that the lighting in the bedroom for getting ready at night is not great but as I say only a slight problem

Room Tip: When booking try and get a room with a loch view it is a little more expensive but well worth the money
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

A huge thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday at Cameron House! The luxury Celtic Warrior cruise is indeed a great way to absorb the stunning scenery of Loch Lomond, and the surrounding mountains, and thank you for conveying this to other travellers.
Your praise of our great team, Carrick Spa, and leisure facilities, is most welcome!
Please be advised that the new bedrooms in our Smollet wing of the hotel have brighter interiors and upholstery, and may be more suited to your taste.
I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future, and thank you again for your great review,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Words can not describe Cameron House Hotel and the Staff and do it justice. If there was Heaven on earth this would be it. My only complaint is that my weekend went all too quickly.
Our Suite was wonderfull, The food was a delight especially The Cameron Grill, it was exceptional and again the service was outstanding, nothing was too much for them.
As a Birthday treat for my partner, he was blown away by the location. You can do as much or as little as you like! I am booking for my own Birthday and an extra night to make it last a little longer! Thank you Cameron House for a truly fabulous weekend!

Room Tip: Have a Loch view well spent extra cash!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

A massive thank you for your wonderful review! It is truly encouraging for all the team to receive such brilliant feedback, and I am delighted that you found Cameron House to be a heavenly location!
I do very much look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate your birthday, and appreciate you returning so soon,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed for 1 night in February 2012 and even though the weather wasn't the best the location was still very beautiful. The hotel is truly 5 star and quite grand with clever interior design. It is very dark but that works well.
I booked through otel.com and got a double room for £116. While that was a good rate, as you would expect in a 5 * the food and drink isn't cheap. You can of course bring your own wine to drink in your room and the fridge was empty which was handy. As an example a large glass of pino grigio in the boathouse was £10 and an Irish Coffee in the scott's bar was £8.50.
For lunch we walked to the Boathouse and I had a lanark blue cheesburger which was definatley one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. The service in the boathouse was excellent.
For dinner we went to the Claret Jug which is located in the Carrick Spa up the road (a free shuttle bus can take you there) and it was curry night (£15). The curry I had was lovely but we were still full from lunch so even though it was all you can eat I didn't have much of it. My fiance had the steak and said it was very good. The service there was a little slow but very pleasant, so make sure you're not in a hurry when you go and you can relax.
The breakfast was great value for money and as well as the generous hot buffet (sausuages, haggis, hash browns, bacon etc) you can also choose from an a la carte menu for no extra cost. Eggs Benedict was one of the choices on that, but the majority of folk were tucking into the buffet. We did have an issue with burnt toast but when I complained to the manager he promptly replaced it with new toast and apologised.
Overall a lovley getaway, just take some wine/beer with you for some affordable pre dinner drinks :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your tremendous review. It is great to learn you enjoyed a lovely getaway, despite the poor weather during your stay. Your praise of our traditional Scottish interior (with its modern twists), and our restaurants is hugely welcome, and it is great that the Lanark blue cheese burger was one of the best you have ever enjoyed!
Please be advised that we do have some great promotions on our website, and please have a look at these when you are booking your next relaxing break to the bonnie banks.
Thank you again for your review, and I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My partner and I stayed in a Contemporary Suite and at £295 per night we did expect more. The room was so dark I found it depressing. I could hardly see to blow-dry my hair. Apart from the dour, depressing decor, it was spotless and the toiletries very generous. The hotel staff were lovely, and I got the feel that they were desperately trying to make up for what the hotel lacked, which in my view is good management. When we arrived to check in and when we departed, the hotel wasn't at all busy, and that's a good job really because they were hugely understaffed and it took us quite some time to do both (i.e. check in (20 mins) and check out (30 mins)). We ate at the Boat House, which was a huge disappointment. It is a truly lovely place, a lovely setting and once again staff that are trying hard to make up for inadequacies. In the case of the Boat House, it was the food that was at fault. A brasserie type menu charging fine dining type prices. If the food had been good, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid when it comes to price, because if I'm eating quality food I really don't mind paying for it. However, it was simply sub-standard. Credit to the Restaurant Manager, he asked my partner if we'd enjoyed our meal and he listened to what we hoped was constructive criticism and then knocked 50% off the bill. Part of the breakfast was excellent (the cold meats, pickles, fruit, breads, cheese, etc)but we couldn't understand why they would put on a huge hot buffet breakfast (which had gone quite stale) when there were so very few people actually staying, it would have been more economical to cook to order, especially as they had a chef working. The hotel itself is beautiful, but it is extremely dark everywhere. If we were ever to stay here again we would rent one of the lodges.

1  Thank SLD64

Thank you very much for contributing your review. I really appreciate your praise of the breakfast experience we offer, the lovely new England styling of our Boathouse restaurant, and most importantly the fantastic team we have here at Cameron! I do apologise that you encountered overly long waiting periods during your stay, and that the décor in you bedroom was not to your taste. Please be advised that we have 6 additional bedrooms in our Smollett wing of the hotel, which feature much brighter upholstery, which you may find more suited to your preference.
I do hope you return in the future, and experience one of our fantastic lodges, or new Smollet collection bedrooms, and enjoy an absolutely flawless stay,