Ardoch Cottage(Gartocharn)
6,187 results
All reviewsthe grillboat housecameron housevalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesfirst classafternoon teainfinity pool
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Over priced and service not up to scratch. Everything seems to be a supplement.

At dinner I had the audacity to ask where our main meal drinks where? The look and response I received from the waitress was border line aggressive - lasting memory of Cameron house is staff that unfortunately do just about enough but not much more. Really becoming of a 5 star hotel...???

1  Thank dsZ6938HG
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear dsZ6938HG,

Thank you for your post.
I am most disheartened to read that the service you received not only fell short of expectations but was completely unacceptable. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future for a stay more in keeping with our usual standards.

Thank you once again for bringing your experience to my attention.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stayed in the Loch Lomond area for a long weekend and dined one evening at the Cameron House grill.
The ambience in the restaurant is quite good (we got a window seat which was nice) and the staff were attentive and chatty which was also nice.
That's about where the good news ended as the food was for the most part bland and nothing special considering the price paid.
The start of Tuna was perhaps the best dish of the three I had with a nice salad vinagraitte. But the turbot main course while well presented was nothing more than a decent plate of food. desert of crepes with orange a bit heavy for me.
Overall poor value for money. perhaps the Michelin star restaurant next door is better but base don this experience, im not sure I would try it.

Room Tip: we didn't stay so cant advise, but give the restaurant a miss

Dear PetrusMaximusUK,

Thank you for your review.

It is pleasing to read that the service and ambience in the Cameron Grill were notable, I have ensured the Head Chef has been made aware of the food quality you mentioned and he will ensure to address this. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations on this occasion, I do hope we will welcome you back in the future for a seamless experience in all areas.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Beautiful hotel but prepaid restaurant reservations hadn't happened in advance and basic things like a shower cap not provided. All in all though a great stay with friendly, helpful professional staff

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear GMB1980,

Thank you for your post.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments regarding restaurant reservations and the provisions in the room and both these areas will be reviewed, thank you for highlighting these.

I hope to welcome you back to 'the bonny banks' in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We were there for 3 nights.

Positives: Great Breakfast Buffet/order from menu. Good service. Great gift shop. Our room had great view of Loch Lomond. For dining, the Boat House and Marina (a short walk) was a winner. Well-decorated in nautical theme, light and cheerful. Good food. Enjoyed the atmosphere.

Negatives: Color scheme throughout hotel is dark and drab; not enough lighting in room, halls, and public places and this needs to be addressed. You have to ask for water and face clothes each day. No internet computers for guests, very unusual. Drove us to Carrick Golf and Country Club's Claret Jug (they own it). Bad atmosphere and food. Housekeeping please train your cleaning staff to NOT straighten toiletries, rollers, spray, etc., on the lady's dressing table/desk. It is an intrusion, and not proper to touch the lady's personal items with germ-laden hands after having cleaned the toilet.

2  Thank Marietta S

Dear Marietta,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to see you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, I have noted the areas you have highlighted for improvement and actions will be taken to address these, thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.

I do hope we will welcome you back to Cameron House in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We flew in on a Saturday morning and had an amazing 24 hours at this wonderful hotel. Great service from all staff, wonderful room - the view from room 103 is outstanding across the Loch - and the food in the Cameron Grill was very good indeed with excellent wine recommendations from the sommelier. Beautiful grounds, excellent spa - the view from the outdoor infinity hot tub was wonderful - and generally just a relaxed and enjoyable place to be.

Dear Richard F,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Cameron House and for taking the time to post a review of your experience.
It is extremely pleasing to see that you had such an enjoyable stay, we look forward to welcoming you back for many more in the future.