Hotel Europa Ramstein
Hotel Raisch(Steinwenden)
  • Restaurant
TDYHOMES Hotel Schattner(Kaiserslautern)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat breakfaststayed heregood sizescrambled eggsefficient hotelcab rideair conditioningwi fiwould stay here againyogurtroom was spaciousgreat hotelchannelstvafbmicrowavebase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This spacious, immaculate hotel could become a distinguished place for business travelers, i.e., military personnel TDY, with these improvements:

1. Makeover of wifi equipment. When I arrived, the internet was down. This was an intermittent problem. I had work to do in my off time, as most all TDY Army people. Unsatisfactory. Reliable wifi is a must in a motel, especially one that Ramstein AF Inn contracts out for its overflow.

2. Teach people skills to the staff. The young man at the desk raised his hands up with indifference when I told him about the wifi problem. And neither he nor the young lady who watched the desk either greeted guests passing by, or even seemed to care about anyone's needs.

3. Ease up on the breakfast supervision. It is good, but not that great. There is a lady in the kitchen who made me move from a big table "because a family might come." (None ever did.) She freaked when my wife, in a hurry, had to grab a plate of food for the road. Finally, there is too much "Mother may I." "May I have some ice cubes?" "May I have a paper cup?" Would you heat my coffee?" Etc. If the help will not get these things with a smile, leave them out! With a microwave.

4. Have 24-hour manning. A code system for entry after 9 PM or before 6 AM? Weak.

5. When you accomplish 1-4 above, raise your rates! It will hurt a little at first, but after a while you will see what we mean by "climbing those golden stairs."

This is what happens when such a large military business clientele is not free to choose lodging like on other installations. We are sent to these places with a like-it-or-lump-it policy and the lowest bidder has no incentive to please the customer. Unfortunately, Army people tend to tolerate this mediocrity because of our ingrained "suck it up" mentality. Or, I suspect, some want to ingratiate themselves to the proprietors.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Very impressive breakfast with everything you need. Only complaint was that our room was not serviced and we were only provided hand towels. Otherwise the hotel was clean and quiet. Great location, an 8€ cab ride to the Exchange at Ramstein. Good Thai place down the street.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank jtwo97
Reviewed 2 February 2017

I stayed here for a month and a half when I first arrived to Germany and it's an okay place. Can't really fault anything with the facility or location, but I just didn't feel welcome there. The staff were fine in the business sense but I was never once greeted or met with a good morning/afternoon/evening, even if I initiated it. Maybe I'm too stuck on southern living but it's just rude to not reply.

Room Tip: Top floor, try to be towards the back of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

I will definitely be staying to the place for my next visit to Ramstein, very self sufficient, mini fridge AC and heater with very clean bathrooms, plus on this good rate one is still getting a complementary breakfast, it's not easy to bit that really.

However they could do better on this tiny issue of the curtain that hangs right next to the heater, which is a potential fire hazard, I may sound a bit blant and dramatic but at least that's what looked from my perspective.

If the heart can be able to get the room warm for a minus 9 degree center grades, it is likely to have one of the curtains catching fire if the one left the room with the heater on and the curtain not lifted up.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 17. Nice, clean and efficient Hotel. Breakfast was traditional continental style, but i think you can get eggs cooked to order on request. In many German accn we have found wi-fi of variable quality not the case here, however there were very few guests. Would stay again no problems.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business