Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Helen S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Money's worth

Review of Garden Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 May 2017
Garden hotel is clean and with all the basic toiletries including iron board. Location is good, walking distant to central market, night market, shopping area and many food outlets. The jetty and bus station are also within walking distant.The breakfast was simple malaysian style with rice or noodle (different menu everyday) bread and hot drinks, juice but simple enough to consider it as a full breakfast.
Date of stay: April 2017
Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the Sibu Gate
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    RM 60
    RM 40
7.2 km from Garden Hotel
View more hotels in Sibu
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Stay here for one night

Location : Excellent

Service : Excellent. They have friendly receiptionist at the counter to help you with everything

Room : Excellent! Clean, Comfortable bed with cute bathroom

Overall : Ive stayed at Deluxe Standard Room. Everything looks new. I was made to understand its an old hotel but based on my short stay here, its great! Keep it up!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslley K
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Me and my family including my extended family stayed in Garden hotel while in Sibu, and we all had such a great experience. Firstly, the services that they provided are excellent. The receptionist helped us with all pur problems, such as interpretation, directions, and even helping with tickets and where to buy things. They are very helpful and the best thing is they all multilingual from bahasa, english, mandarin, cantonese to chinese dialect. My family very happy when they can talk to them even in dialect. When we told the receptionist that we would like to extend our 2 days stay, they really work hard and trying to accomodate us (some of the hotels are usually ignorant) even when the hotel is fully booked. Secondly, the location of the hotel is only 5-7 minutes walk to restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and shops.
Thirdly, the buffet breakfast are quiet in variety than I thought it would be, from malaysian, chinese, and western food. (do not expect fancy things like all the fancy and bigger hotels)
The amnemities are complete! From the basic shower gel, shampoo, body lotion to tooth brush set, hair cover, comb, razor, cotton buds, cotton balls, even nail file. This amazed me since it is only small hotel but everything is provided in detail.
The room is little small, however is nicely renovated, clean, the water pressure is good, and great pillows. The hotel does have a comfortable cafe but I did not see any live band playing (maybe it was in the old days).
They do not have a big space for parking, but there are public parking nearby and very easy to find (we did not have any problem finding a public parking on the street even with 4 cars).
The wifi is very strong, but with the fully booked rooms sometimes can be disconnected but it can easily reconnect.
Overall, it was a great stay. Me and my family all very satisfied. Surely will stay again next time we come to Sibu.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Eva S
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Great stay! The food is cheap with plenty of choices. serves many local sibu dishes. Close Central market and shopping centres. The rooms though a bit small but are really cozy. We stayed in 3 rooms for 3 nights as we were driving the free parking is really a big help unlike some hotels where i have to worry about cars getting stolen. Here i dont worry as there are cctvs all around the carpark. And the counter is opened 24 hrs daily. As my kids were with me i find it convenient to dine in their family-friendly restaurant. My parents find their Foochow dishes pleasing. The wi fi is free and srong. Keeps my on line communication continous. Those days of the noisy stays is over as the filipino bands are now not used by the hotel. free breakfast for 2 persons per room. Quite a lot choices for the breakfast buffet. Can get around easily. One the pioneers in town but doesn't look like an old hotel as the hotel was recently renovated! I was pleasantly surprise with the interiors when i checked in as i was not back for quite a while.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Room ok affordable price include breakfast for executive(a lot of breakfast choices nearby). Wifi sometime ok sometime not. Service ok, receptions friendly and helpful as well easy deal with when i ask to change my room. And most important parking, cause my husband fetch me by car at airport we stayed at sibu for a night, car park are limited and he need to wait quite a long time for parking
sometime but at least we both can sleep peacefully knowing the car in good condition down there😂

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliq w
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

One of the oldest hotel in Sibu. Back in early 90s there were only few great hotel in Sibu. Premier Hotel, Li Hua and Garden Hotel.
Was one of best in Sibu, the coffee house now used to be lively at night with Philipinos Band performing. The hotel have been renovated but since it is really old hotel it didn't really show up.
Positive about this hotel:
1. Free and secure parking space
2. A walking distance to town centre, express wharf, restaurant and shopping centre.
3. Basic complementary breakfast
4.Free wifi
5. Small room

Negative:
1. Limited parking space
2. I think the rate is little bit higher.
3. Have to call receptionist to get password for wifi. The problem that they are using alphabet like d,t,p,g,b for password. Took time to get it. Furthermore the receptionist that I talk with didn't know how to represent the alphabet like d for Denmark. Finally I give up.lol
Ended up using my phone as wifi.

Date of stay: August 2015