“Menu del dia just as good as last year (2017)”

Restaurante La Choza
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Casares
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After being away from Costa del Sol for 11 months, it was great to find that Venta la Choza was just as good as last year. I had the menu del dia, which at 12 Euros is a very reasonable price. I had Crema de Verdura (Cream of Vegetable soup) to start followed by a stew with patatos fritos (chipped potatoes) and finished with Tarto de Queso (Cheesecake). All of this deliciously cooked food was accompanied by a glass of beer (lager) and with great service from Arturo. Will I come back? – you bet I will. Menu del dia available from 1 pm.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Took some friends to la choza which is a local restaurant to us when we visit the area. All 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. We had steak, suckling pig and salmon which were all delicious. Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our visit to restaurante La Choza .We had heard mixed reports but we said we would find out for ourselves.The food was very average and staff were not very friendly.My king prawn starter was awful and my rack of Lamb was very average.I hate giving such a harsh review.But I am calling the way I feel about our meal.There were 12 of us.Most said there meal was not great.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Very disappointed in what used to be one of our favourites. Poor service and ok food, will be avoiding for a while.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank mophead64
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I don’t recall a visit to this restaurant that has failed to impress anyone we have taken here for an evening. This visit was no exception, from the complimentary dates wrapped in bacon, to the outstanding Vina Real wine to the perfectly cooked mains, everything was top notch. You would expect to pay handsomely for food of this quality but it turns out to be really reasonable. You can now walk here along a little path that connects both from the Casares roundabout and the urbanisation next to Lidl, so no need to take the car. A taxi back to Duquesa marina will cost you 10 euros, again not bad. This place is a real treat, if you haven’t been then you are missing out on something special.

Date of visit: October 2018