“Late arrival warm welcome.”

Restaurante La Choza
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Casares
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed with friends just beyond this restaurant and was so impressed each time that we visited for dinner on 3 occasions within a week. The restaurant was welcoming the staff very friendly and accommodating and the food well cooked and tasty.
We were there for Halloween and the decorations were fun and the staff dressed up and totally within the spirit, if I can use that pun, of the evening.
In fact the staff were lovely and each visit a pleasure.
My only complaint is that the restaurant is not near where I live in Australia.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After being away from Costa del Sol for 11 months, it was great to find that Venta la Choza was just as good as last year. I had the menu del dia, which at 12 Euros is a very reasonable price. I had Crema de Verdura (Cream of Vegetable soup) to start followed by a stew with patatos fritos (chipped potatoes) and finished with Tarto de Queso (Cheesecake). All of this deliciously cooked food was accompanied by a glass of beer (lager) and with great service from Arturo. Will I come back? – you bet I will. Menu del dia available from 1 pm.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Took some friends to la choza which is a local restaurant to us when we visit the area. All 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. We had steak, suckling pig and salmon which were all delicious. Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our visit to restaurante La Choza .We had heard mixed reports but we said we would find out for ourselves.The food was very average and staff were not very friendly.My king prawn starter was awful and my rack of Lamb was very average.I hate giving such a harsh review.But I am calling the way I feel about our meal.There were 12 of us.Most said there meal was not great.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Very disappointed in what used to be one of our favourites. Poor service and ok food, will be avoiding for a while.

Date of visit: June 2018