All reviews train station meta beach diy breakfast minute walk us feel at home tico tico spacious room a wonderful stay albert hosts stops naples pompeii cereal comfort buses stove
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just came back from our holiday in campania. we chose to stay in villa pollio as per excellent remarks on trip advisor and we were more than happy to stay there. The room was super clean and comfortable. Alberto was really nice and helpful and he always answered our queries. Before we went we asked alberto if we can use the kitchenette and he accepted that we use use it without any problems. He always sounded nice and helpful from his correspondence which we appreciated and took him some maltese stuff.... Meta is very nice and close to sorrento...we visited capri amalfi coast ravello , pompeii and naples without any problems.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi,
Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at Villa Pollio b&b.I'm very happy that you've appreciated everything here.Our aim is to provide an excellent service and a high quality product.I'm very happy that you had a great time in Campania,specially in Sorrento in our b&b.I thank you for the nice review and thank you for your appreciation,your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.I hope to see you next time, we will be very pleased.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here last year with my daughter and a friend and loved it so much I came back again with my mother. Perfect Italian setting. As everyone has said, Alberto is the sweetest host alive. From little gifts of his family's homemade Limonelle to picking us up from our restaurant down on the water so we didn't have to walk "home," Alberto makes you feel like you are an honored family member. This BnB is clean, within an America Block or 2 of the train ( look or ask for the Tunnel to the train) and is quiet and quaint with the exception of weekend mornings when the trains empty and a throng of fun loving teens walks to the beach- but it's all just joy noise.

There are some amazing restaurants down on the water and a free beach. I continue to be amazed at the affordability of both Villa Pollio and the area restaurants so close to Sorrento and the Amafi coast.

Some have thought this was IN SORRENTO proper- it is not. The name of the village is "Meta di Sorrento" which is like being a bedroom community of Sorrento. But Sorrento is 2 train stops and 1.30 euro each way. Pompeii is also a hand full of stops away and Naples is on the other end- about an hour away.

If you are coming from the Naples Airport there is a bus that goes right through Meta- {5 or 7 euro) the Stop is in front of the church and a short walk down the hill to Villa Sorrento.

Next year is already in the works for us.

Room Tip: Take 2 or 3 people with you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rebeccaroberts61
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Rebecca,
your words make me joyful,thank you for your appreciation of everything at Villa Pollio b&b.Reach excellent results,for us isn't only a job but a real pleasure take care of you.I would like to thak you for choosing us for your second consecutive year.This means that we were able to make you feel at home,your home for the holidays.See you next year,you are always welcome here.Thank you for all,again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading various reviews about Villa Pollio, my grandmother and I decided to stay here for three nights in June 2014. Although it was not located in downtown Sorrento, as indicated in the description of the property, it was a great central location for the Amalfi Coast area. It was a quick 10 minute bus ride or a quick train ride to start any adventure. The accommodations were great and our room had a private bath and kitchen. As a previous reviewer stated, our room had a balcony that overlooked the family's garden and you could even see the ocean (between other buildings). Meta was a great little town away from the tourists where you could relax. Every morning Alberto or another family member would ask if we needed anything or needed some directions. Overall a great place to stay with a true Italian feel. Can't wait to return and I would highly suggest this B&B to anyone visiting the Amalfi Coast area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden. There is a room that is over the street, which is busy most of the day. At night it was quiet but may be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russell T
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi,
thank you for your careful review and thank you for choosing to advertise Villa Pollio b&b.I am excited to read that you are satisfied and the room was suitable for your needs.It's pleasure to read our guests,when they share their experiences with all.They are helpful to us and other customers.I hope see you soon in Villa Pollio b&b.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent location for traveling to Sorrento, Pompeii, and Naples on the local train. Alberto, the owner, was very helpful. The apartment we had was 2 connecting rooms, which were very clean and included a small kitchen. The bedroom had a balcony, which was a great place to relax after a long day of walking! We would definitely return to Villa Pollio.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Claudio,
It's real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay here,in Villa Pollio.Thank you for your rewiev,your words encourage us to do our best for our guests.For me it has been a pleasure to host you and help you in everything.You'll always be welcome for your stay.Thank you and greetings from Sorrento.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Villo Pollio is the perfect place to stay on your trip to this beautiful part of Italy. We travelled from Naples on the local train, and were running later than hope due to delays. This was no worry to our host, Albert, who welcomed us to our room, showed us all the facilities and recommended a place for late night pizza!

This was a great start to an amazing stay at the B&B! Our quad room was spacious and very clean. We had breakfast provided and our beds were made up each day. We have facilities to enjoy wine and snacks on our balcony. It is a very comfortable place indeed.

Only a minutes walk from the train line, we moved between Sorrento, Meta and up to Pompeii and Naples with no hassles at all. The B&B has lots of resources on hand to help plan trips and travel for the whole area.

Meta town is peaceful and is a place people must enjoy living. It has wonderful views, a great beach area and excellent places to have dinner. The best in all of Sorrento I would have to say! Tico Tico was a recommendation from Albert and it was a fabulous one at that.

I have already recommend my friends come to stay here and I wish to do the same to anyone reading this.

Room Tip: The quad room was two very large and comfortable doubles. It was fine for four singles to share beds but if you are after single beds, let Albert know in advance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank missjaijai
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I'm very happy that you've appreciated everything here,I am proud that you recommend Villa Pollio as a memorable vacations in Sorrento.We would like to thank you all for sharing your vacation experiences with us through our TripAdvisor page.In fact thank you to all our guests we have won for the second consecutive year, the TripAdvisor® Excellence Certificate 2014.
We will be happy to welcome you again on future occasions.

Villapollio.com