RACV Cape Schanck Resort(Cape Schanck)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$127
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Peppers Moonah Links Resort(Fingal)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$83
US$78
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$63
Travelocity
Admiral Motor Inn(Rosebud)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$89
Priceline
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

I'm quite the fan of lighthouses in general, more so the ones along Ireland's coastlines, but after visiting cape otway and all of its touristy knick knack front I was not thoroughly impressed given that the best part of the whole experience was the view of the sea and cliffs which u could get better viewing spots for elsewhere that weren't charged for. Capes got out in the dull box in my head, UNTIL I saw Cape Schank and all was redeemed. It just gets better and better the more you walk on along the winding platform which takes u all accross the rocks towards the water. We also saw a lovely echidna here. And sat on some steps along the boardwalk to watch the sun set over the ocean horizon line ( I highly recommend choosing ure timing for this in particular). Also, it's free of charge and has plenty of parking space. Check out the delightful harbour village of Flinders whilst ure over that neck of the woods, the esplanade side of the peninsula gets too much hype, we liked the other side and middle for its quieter secret spots and rolling golden hills.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
Cape Schanck L, Manager at Cape Schanck Light Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thankyou we enjoy working at Cape Scanck

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This accommodation is perfect for those who love some history and quirky place to stay. There was something extremely beautiful about being in the light station at sunset sunrise. It's quite near the Mornington peninsula hot springs which we frequented.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahjadventures
Reviewed 24 November 2015

The ocean views are Spectacular
Cape Schanck is one of the best tracks on the Australian coast without needing to travel far. You have a number of hiking too chooses with ample wild kangaroos to see and photograph.
Be sure to bring your camera, rain coat, drinking water and a snack.
Most important is to take your trash home with you. And the filthy smokers who ruin fresh air take your butt as my last trip was devastating to see what these uneducated tourist are doing to our natural environment and inhabitants

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Amazing to stand and watch the lighthouse in action under the stars in total quite with the gentle sounds of the ocean. Comfortable and charming. The ambiance at night tops of a perfect day. Explore the station early morning and watch the sunrise as you watched the sunset the evening before.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2015

When I looked into booking this place, I saw quite a few negative reviews but decided to ignore them - the location looked amazing and I thought it would be perfect for a solo stay for my mum. BIG MISTAKE! I wish I had listened to the comments others made, for their insights into the management were spot on.

Once we got there and after my mum checked-in, there was a big, heaving sliding gate that she had to unlock/re-lock and slide open/shut to get the car in and out. We had no idea that this was going to be there as no mention was made of it on the website. My mum is in her late 50s and has a sore hand so she was physically unable to manage the gate. It was clear that she couldn't stay so we decided to find another place and ask for a refund as we would never have booked the room if we had known about the access issues.

Dealing with Tony, the manager/owner, has been extremely difficult. He refused to provide any refund for a 5-night stay whatsoever as he believes we should have told him about her sore hand and that he doesn't need to advise his guests about the significant access issues. I've never heard of a hotel saying you need to let them know about a thing like a sore hand before. Wheelchairs, yes, but not sore hands. If you need to open heavy sliding gates to access the hotel, you would think the website would tell you. This gives one a real sense of how unreasonable (and dismissive) he is, just as the other reviewers described.

Don't make the same mistake as I did. Heed the advice of others and find somewhere else to stay where the management has more respect for its guests.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank John K

The remote location on a working lighthouse controlled by the government, with limited capital injection from the government has its issues . But the experience of going back in time has its enjoyable benefits which far out way the negatives.