Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
US$47
US$143
US$38
US$189
All reviewsfrangipani restaurantbamburi beachil covoface liftcoconut treesdeluxe roomclean roomsbeach frontvisited this hotelindian oceanlow seasonwelcome drinkmemorable stayevery eveningswimming poolfacing the oceanhalf board
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent stay at Kenya Bay Beach Hotel. Having travelled by train to Mombasa, we arrived after the normal closing hours of the dining room. However, this was kept open and the management ensured we had a very good dinner before checking us into the room. The dining facilities, quality and variety of food was exceptional.

The rooms are exquisitely furnished and offer splendid views.

All of the staff offered immaculate service and were always willing to go out of their way to help.

Located on the lively Bamburi Beach, there was plenty of activities readily available to engage in.

Facilities such as the swimming pool, poolside bar and restaurant were second to none.

All in all I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone planning a holiday!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pritpalbirdi
Reviewed 6 November 2017

It wasn't the best hotel where I've been, but I'm still happy about my stay. The staff was very nice and always ready to help.
The location is good, facing the ocean. The swimming pool area is very nice and I loved sun bathing under the palm trees. A kind member of the staff also got us freshly picked coconuts from one of those palms.
Cheeky monkeys running outside the hotel and many other beautiful little animals. I enjoyed it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Visited recently, was my first time in Kenya. Was so pleased to have stayed at this fantastic hotel with friendly, helpful staff at all times. Was located with fantastic view of sun , sea and sand. Food was amazing, would definitely visit again and Definitely recommend to friends and family.
As I am a wedding events planner would also Def recommend to clients for weddings and events.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2017

From my arrival at the hotel, I was treated well by the staff. In fact, the only place I saw poor service was on checkout, as there was confusion regarding my bill along with my reserved transportation to the airport. Beyond that, the staff was amazingly friendly.
The room, although large and comfortable, was in desperate need of a face-lift. The view was very nice, however (this was a Deluxe room).
The food, as has been mentioned in other reviews, is very uninspired in the Acacia restaurant (the all-inclusive meals), and fairly limited and expensive in the Frangipani restaurant. However, there are decent places to eat nearby if you can fight your way through everyone who wants to separate you from your money outside the resort.
A couple of suggestions: first, if you don't want hawkers bugging you every minute of your stay, keep away from the beach or anywhere near the beach. They line up at the seawall and wait to get someone's attention. They all want to sell you something, and you could find yourself out of money before you know it. The prices they charge, even with haggling, are a total ripoff. Second, if you stay in one of the Deluxe rooms (south side of the hotel, closer to the water), be ready for some of the loudest music you have heard coming from the next resort, especially on Saturday night. I had a morning flight out on Sunday, and the music kept playing until 4:00am, meaning I got zero sleep prior to my flight.

Room Tip: Try to get something on the north side of the hotel if you want a chance for quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Duggle1
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

The service is poor the hotel has a nice view of the ocean but the rooms each day we had issues, the fridge doesn’t work and empty promises to fix it, the meals were low quality. On arrival we got our room but no tour or explanation of the hotel activities despite most of us on full board.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family