Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$152.57
More Info
from US$144.88
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2019

It's a sad place.
The ticket counter didn't start operation on time.
The tram driver was late.
The surrounding was full of rubbish and weeds.
We're greeted by swarms of mosquitoes (yeah some might say it's a zoo, so what you expect? but not like we're in the National Park)
The signage were out of place and no proper direction was given.

The kid had done his own research prior to the visit, and he took note of the special and unique animal there in Melaka Zoo. He went back with disappointment as the mosquitoes attack was unbearable for all of us.

We decided to call off the visit less than an hour due to the poor and sad condition of the zoo.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

Is really not quite stroller friendly, some parts of the park cannot access easily with baby stroller, but overall still OK. Don't buy the tram ticket, the tram is slow and see nothing, long queue. At this size is unnecessary for healthy adult and children. Weather is hot, remember to put some insect repellent.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank ivons946
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

The foreground won’t define the whole place.

Before going to the city-center, my friends decided that we’ll wander around the zoo. There were many people queuing at the ticket counters so my thoughts that time; perhaps, it will be a wonderful experience.

We walked through the gate and the first animal I saw were the parrots near the entrance.

After going through the circuit, I would say that the place was poorly managed and the animals weren’t properly taken cared of.

For example, the crocodiles... the pit was dry and the remaining water was very dark.

Elephants were fed with carrots and bread...

I may have taken good pictures of some animals but their living conditions were really poor.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank overSace
Reviewed 9 April 2019 via mobile

We got there at about 5:20pm and the counter staff advised us not to enter as many of the rides (I’m guessing the tram and photo taking) are closed.

They mentioned that a good timing was to spend 2 hours there in order to make the visit worthwhile. Since they were closing at 6pm it wasn’t a good idea to go in at the time.

I did not take their advice. We rushed through and finished by 6:15pm. Although they didn’t lock us in, it felt very eerie as there were not many people around.

One good point is the tigers were awake!! They must have been waiting for feeding time. Not comforting for us!

My advise, make it an early in the day visit perhaps in the morning and spend a longer time than I did!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 7 April 2019 via mobile

This is my 1st time visiting zoo at night. The kids is so excited. Ticket can be bought at the counter. Do come early to get the ticket. There is a tram that will bring you around the zoo. The staff will brief in Bahasa Melayu you on the animals around but the microphone system is not clear.

We stopped at an area where the zookeeper is waiting to brief and show us around. The zookeeper very knowledgeable. There is also a dance & drama performance by the orang asli people. They dont used any microphone so we hardly hear what are they talking about but it was fun.

After the show we waited like an hour for the tram to bring us back to the entrance because there is no proper line for people to queue & no staff incharge around. When the tram come, all the visitor pushing & running towards the tram. So we let them go off first.

Overall its a good experience for the kids & me. Zoo melaka need to improve here and there to attact more visitor.

Date of experience: April 2019