“Peaceful but not our style.”
Review of Merzie Meadows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marden
Merzie Meadows
Ranked #2 of 4 Marden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2015

I can see from the other reviews that many people have loved this B&B. I would like to share my experience because although it is beautiful it was absolutely not for us . Peaceful surrounding area, lovely view of a garden and pool from the room. The room is nice although old fashioned - (wall to wall carpet in the bathroom, very soft beds, dog smell in the entry, latest breakfast option 8.45 and checkout at 10 so if you're looking for a relaxing lie in do not stay here). Our main frustration was the communication with general approach. The owner first insisted on communicating by letter. Then sent an email requesting a deposit. Then demanded the full amount via bank transfer quoting her terms and conditions. We had trouble finding the B&B because it is very tucked away and rather then being welcoming on the phone demanded to know why I had not read the letter with the instructions. When I said I had not received a letter it then came to light that she meant an email and then wanted to show me on her ipad that she had sent me an email - this was the minute we walked in the front door.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
merziemeadows, Owner at Merzie Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Thank you for your comments regarding the location and beauty of Merzie Meadows, which as you noticed many Guests do enjoy their stays and return to us again and again, but I am surprised and disappointed that you feel this way in your Review.
In all my Years of running a 5 Gold Star Bed and Breakfast I have never encountered any one so apparently disappointed, even for the short while you were in my Home.
It is a shame we were not able to discuss these issues while you were here.

Reviewed 1 December 2014

I decided to treat myself to a bit of 'me time' and book myself into the wing section of the house. The room was very stylish, comfortable and clean. Overlooking very well kept gardens gave a sense of tranquility and peace. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept in and after a great nights sleep, I had a difficult decision to make, what to have for breakfast. There was so much choice, fresh fruits inc blueberries, healthy cereals or the full English, everything was freshly prepared and delicious. The hosts couldn't be more helpful and really made you feel at home. I plan to book in again next year and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent with views over the garden
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights either side of our god-daughters wedding which was close by. We were given a great welcome by the hosts and Wilbur, one of the dogs.
Accommodation is lovely, breakfast is lovely, garden and setting lovely. LIttle touches of luxury including flannel, Moulton Brown in the bathroom and iced water at night. The bed seemed a little soft at first but slept wonderfully. Pamela is keen to look after your every need. She was more than helpful when I first enquired, sending me names and numbers of local taxi's so that I could get prices for transport to and from the wedding.
You really are made to feel welcome in their home. We had the suite, which is very spacious. My only surprise was that there are only bath towels provided not bath sheets, which I am used to but a small niggle.
We watched the wildlife running in the garden whilst we had breakfast the last morning. idyllic.
Would definitely stay here again should the need arise - we have friends in the area, so not usually necessary. Would recommend to anyone visiting Kent, lots to do in the area.

Room Tip: House all on one level.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My mom and I stayed at Merzie Meadows for a couple of nights and used it as a base for exploring the surrounding Kent countryside. Pamela is an absolutely lovely host and completely makes you feel at home. She has 2 bedrooms – ours was very light and airy with gorgeous views out onto the landscape gardens in the back. The bed was very comfortable. If you’re after peace and quiet and fresh air, look no further – you’ll get an excellent night’s sleep here. Modern, newly renovated bathroom with great shower and nice soaps and toiletries. Great breakfast too – super fresh eggs from her own hens! The food is organic and locally sourced.
Pashley Manor Gardens, Scotney Castle, Sissinghurst and Knole are all beautiful places to visit and are within 20-30 min drive away. Thank you very much for your kind hospitality Pamela! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a beautiful garden! What a beautiful house!
Truly relaxing place, so quiet and seems far away from the world. breakfast was delicious and hosts were very helpful and welcoming. The decor of the rooms is really thought through and luxurious - this is one of the places where you feel pampered and taken care off. The room we stayed in - Terrace Suite - really is a suite. With amazing bathroom and proper power shower - pleasure! The only drawback is that the bed faces this amazing swimming pool with beautiful view and obviously you want to have the courtains opened to admire it. However breakfast room is at 90 degrees to that room and if you want to lazy around in bed - better draw curtains down, as the inside of the room can be quite well visible by other guests.
Pamela was an amazing host, you can feel that she loves the place and spends her time making it beautiful for her and other people to enjoy. She recommended also great little pub with really good food. The whole area is very picturesque and worth visiting - that's Kent for you I discivered:). If you need a place away from it all - this is it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Merzie Meadows? Share your experiences!