“Best friend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Rassie113...
“Best friend”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I was most fortunate to be invited to spend a week's vacation with my best friend and some of his family in August 2016. A week became 12 days. I am a history teacher and college professor so the historical significance of the castle meant so much to me. In the months before the trip, I shared pictures of the castle with my students and fellow teachers. To say the least, my fellow teachers wish they had a best friend like I did. My students wanted to know if there would be any kings or queens would be there during my visit.
I was so excited on so many levels up to the trip. The experience at the castle surpassed my expectations a thousand times. It was the kindness and the huge heart of the owner Marc who made it a trip of a lifetime. Personally, I have travelled the world but they all suffer in comparison to my 12 days at the castle. I was made to feel at home and even felt a little royal at times.I left the castle with a heavy heart. It was close enough to so many awesome points of interest that you could leave in the morning and be back for drinks and dinner at the castle. You will not find a more committed host than Marc.
If you want to have a balanced vacation in Barcelona, please include the castle as your home base. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you Marc for making all of Daniel's family and friends part of your dreams. None of us will ever forget you, the castle or your beautiful dogs.
You have a special place in my heart and I am confident our paths will cross again.

Keep your faith in your dreams.

Best wishes.

Michael James Ellis, Wethersfield, CT
formerly from NYC

A TripAdvisor Member
“An Amazing and Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I spent five weeks at the Castell de Llaes, the last week of July and the entire month of August 2016. It was truly a magical experience. The Castell itself is magnificent and the views are breathtaking. My stay was so incredible in large part due to the exceptional care and attention my host, Marc provided me. He went far beyond what was expected to assure all my needs were met. I fell in love with Marc and his dogs, Bruc and Dora. I so enjoyed my morning walks exploring the surroundings and coming upon new discoveries each day. I had groups of family and friends come join me at the Castell for different weeks during my extended stay. Everyone had a marvelous time. The location was fabulous and so many great places to see within an easy drive: Barcelona and it's sites, Monestir de Montserrat, charming village of Ripoll, the medieval village of Besalu, Pyrenees drive into France, Girona, Salvador Dali museum in Figueres. I highly recommend experiencing the 10th century Castell de Llaes. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Marc.
J Daniel, Miami USA

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
gary m
Inch, Ireland
“Brilliant location excellent experience”
Reviewed 7 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Recently stayed here as part of a group from Ireland doing a 4x4 tour of the pyrenees. We stayed here for one night to give the tents a rest. A member of our party had previously been here for a wedding. The castle it's self is stunning, we stayed in the tower apartment the rooms are all decorated in a manor to suit a castle. The views are brilliant. Marc is an excellent host with a passion for the castle and the surrounding area.

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LeDo2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“One of the best vacations EVER!”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We just returned from an amazing week at Castell de Llaés. We were celebrating my birthday and my mother's, and decided that this looked like the perfect place to gather with family and friends. We were absolutely right, and loved every moment of our stay. The castle itself is incredibly comfortable and beautifully furnished (the photos did not lie). The views are breathtaking and change every hour of the day. Marc and Anna are the most gracious, welcoming hosts imaginable. We should add that the approach to the castle is not for the faint-hearted, as one does have to walk the last bit up, but there is a lift for luggage and supplies. We all felt as though we were in much better shape upon our departure! Speaking of which, there are innumerable wonderful hikes from the castle, and the local restaurant, just a couple of km down the road, was utterly wonderful--atmospheric and delectable. The surrounding countryside is as beautiful as anything we've seen and warrants much more exploration than we had time for. We are already looking forward to a future stay.

Liked best: everything!
Travelling group: Large Group
Large groups
cherylsea...
Tunis, Tunisia
“Wonderful and Magical”
Reviewed 4 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband, my son and daughter and their two friends and I all went to stay for a week at LLaes Castell. It was wonderful! We stayed in the apartment for 6 people (the school house part of the castle). It was comfortable, very well-equipped, warm and had a great fireplace. The castle was situated within a reasonable distance from a couple of villages and it was not difficult to catch the train or to drive to many historic and artistic places in Catalonia. Marc and Ana (the managers) were VERY helpful and have a real love for the property. My son and his girlfriend would have liked to be closer to a town (it was 30 minutes to Ripoll) but the rest of us loved being away from everything and getting out to hike and see the local farm activity. I would HIGHY recommend this for anyone wanting to stay in Catalonia.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being away from everything and staying on an historic site.
Liked least: Not being able to walk and get a cappuccino in the morning.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$511
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing