“Underwhelmed!”

To-Bar Casa De Comida
Ranked #154 of 1,511 Restaurants in Alicante
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was Easter Saturday, lunch, busy and told to sit at the counter even though there was a table available. Others arrived after me with no reservation and received a table. The food was good ( I have eaten MUCH better in Alicante) and I felt like it was an inconvenience for the waiter to serve me. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Been to Alicante a few times and found this little gem when out with some of my Spanish colleagues. The menu is superb. Top tip get there early, we arrived at 20:40 just 10 mins after they opened and it filled up fast. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

My first visit to the new To-Bar although I have been to the older restaurant of the same name a number of times.
It is a set menu with wine and coffee at 18Eros which is why I say it is fantastic value. I forget how many tapas were served but the only thing I didn't like was the coffee.
Not to be missed.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Our hotel "Tomate Rooms" made reservations for us here. I was kind of worried at first because there isn't a lot of information out there. The wife was nervous because they have a fixed menu. Everybody relieves the same items. It is a 6 course tasting menu.

Course 1 was : cheese and jam, mixed green salad, and a rice cracker
Course 2: chicken sliders with guacamole and tempura banana with balsamic rosemary reduction
Course 3: jamon croquette with aioli, and flatbread with sun-dried tomato, tuna and spinach
Course 4: bacalao with tomato, onion, olive oil base and sauce and seaweed.
Course 5: pork tenderloin over couscous with a onion graveyard drizzle.
Course 6 : chocolate and vanilla pudding and a bottle of muscotello.
We also had a bottle of vinalopo a local red wine.

Total price for 2 people 40 euro.

I can't be 100% on the descriptions but I'm pretty sure. Unfortunately we don't speak Spanish yet. They try to explain but only in spanish. There is no menu given which would be nice.

I highly recommend it if you can get in.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome local place, no english speaking waiters.
It's a set menu consisting of around 9 different tapas and finishes with a seafood paella.
Then you also get a wine and coffee and dessert included.
So if you want to be surprised and have great value for money check this place out.
We paid €33 and it included also our drinks we ordered(coca cola)