“I would go back just for the risotto!”

The Restaurant at The Lifehouse
Price range: US$24 - US$57
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I very much enjoyed the chateaubriand steak which melted in the mouth and was served with some excellent veggies. But my favorite may have been my truffle risotto starter.
The views to the garden are just beautiful and the location is very peaceful and calm for a relaxing dinner.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

See my hotel review of this place, which has a full review. The food was lovely, tasty, well presented, made from scratch, generous portions.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I have eaten 4 times now at the Lifehouse. Every meal has been excellent and I'm a fussy eater. The last time I went I ordered fish. We had waited quite a while and the waiter explained that the chef wasn't happy with the way he cooked the fish and was cooking another piece. There is a good choice of menu and the starters and be chosen as a mains.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at Lifehouse on many occasions, we use this restaurant for our evening meal.

We always book as part of a package. The menu options are good and cater for all and the food is well prepared and delicious.

Service is always good in the restaurant and staff friendly and welcoming. It is fairly priced for the calibre of the hotel.

Would recommend.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Now as starter ordered soup which doesnt come with bread ,ordered olives and mozzarella with sundried tomatoes it says artisan bread on menu comes with ryvita crackers.... thought to ourselves it was spa reataurant so probably healthy style option wifey ordered salad ,Ive ordered pulled pork burger , noticed that my burger hasnt cooked inside but outside burned and then my wife looked at me and took a piece of hard sharp edged plastic from her mouth and showed me "is this plastic ?" Approx size 2 cm I was shocked and fuming that could cause a serious damage in mouth if swallon in throat can be fatal , asked waitress to bring chef to table waitress said chef busy went straight to Ast manager was explaining to situation to her that they have to stop serving salad to restaurant then suddenly a lad jumped in god knows who he is , saying to me they cant do that , Ive said you have to stop serving salad and tell cuatomers whom ordered to stop eating , he says cant do that and then he said to me I ve shouldnt raise my voice I was shocked and said to his face put yourself in my shoes my wife tooked out from her mouth .... he said a geniune mistake Ive said to him theres no mistake like that in food industry and said him to shut up and went straight to hotel receiption asked for a duty manager , she came Ive told her what happened and asked did they stop serving salad and told customers who had salad , she looked at my face blank Ive looked at her face to go now and checked in restaurant, I was shocked and fumed and frustrated not a single empathy or sympathy for what they did ( which They should do it not me , Im a customer not a manager of the restaurant it shows lack of customer service health and food safety which is massivr issue ) , anyway they try to compensate a lunch for us next day ,refused it and told them that is not good enough for their hotel or what they did now My review is from my experience and to be honest if your reading this Theres a plenty options in thorpe le soken 5 min drive with lots of car parks as we eat in 3 different restaurants and pubs which really good price and delicious food.So I wont recommend hotel restaurant pricey and not worth to risk your health.

1  Thank Metehan N