“Satisfactory hotel - cheap”

Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiyoda
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Satisfactory hotel - cheap”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Checked in late at night, staff were friendly though check in took a bit more time then I'd come to expect from Japanese hotels.

Room was clean and tidy and well sized for Tokyo - but hot. We were visiting in midwinter, so the aircon seemed to be disabled (or else just broken) but the room was stifling and I was unable to sleep well.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, about 2 blocks from the metro and one train stop from the lively Shibuya. The view from the hotel room was something else as well, overlooking Tokyo Tower and the city and river.

Overall for what we paid it was a good little bargain.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking Tokyo Tower
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We didn't expect too much before we booked the hotel. However, when we stepped into our room, the view of Tokyo Tower was in front of us! The night view was stunning!! We chose to have the japanese style room which was very authentic and clean. Nice experience!
Staff was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a really nice stay here. I think we stayed like 6 or 7 nights and really thought highly of the staff and the hotel itself. Everyone at the front desk spoke pretty good english (I speak no Japanese) and was really helpful with getting taxis, maps and directions, recommending restaurants and even making reservations for us. Really great service. Our room was a bit small by western standards, but good for Tokyo. Really clean, T.V, and you can rent a laptop from the front desk for about $10 a day. We found this very convenient and the Dell computer was in good condition and plenty fast, with internet connection in the room. They do have a few computers near the front desk guest can use for about $2 ever 15min. Never ate at any of the hotel restaurants, but try Standing Sushi just down the street. We ate there every day! It's like a chain sushi place but much cheaper than the sit down places and better then anything else we had (even better than the Tsukiji places.) Overall, a great choice if you're looking in the low $100 range.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ajstah
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I read someting like .....good price "but"... a few reviews below and I directly stoped reading further.

The facts:
- I am paying 125 USD a night for a REALLY pleasant hotel in Tokyo (which is cheap even in poor dustly Sofia, Bulgaria!)
- right now I am sitting next to my window at the 9th floor, looking directly on to the Emperor's garden! How much better can be any location?!
- the room is small for Western Standards, but HELLOOOO, TOKYO?!
- everything is spotlessly clean, the service is immaculate, just as everywhere in Japan

Anything else BUT a 5* review of this hotel is a shame on the objectivity of the reviewer!
I love Tokyo exactly for the many places like this one! In New York you'd be spending 300 USD for a room like that, and you might even get bad service :-)

Price/Quality ratio: BEST IN THE WORLD!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Kamen_777
San Diego
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed at the Grand Arc from Jan 19 - Jan 24. I absolutely loved the hotel! My room on the 12th floor had a lovely view of the city and nearby gardens.

I checked in very late and they were expecting me, which was nice.

The room - small, but had everything you would need. Bed was extremely hard but AMAZINGLY comfy. At least to me! There was a decent tea service in the room as well as a fridge. The bathroom was small, but perfectly set up. The bathtub was very deep and welcome after a long day of walking.

The hotel provides all needed toiletries, including full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. They also provide razors, brushes, combs, etc. There was a good vending machine on my floor for quick access to drinks.

I thought the room was very quiet and never heard my neighbors.

Tips - Hanzomon station is one short block away. Take exit 1 or 2, cross the street and the hotel is just on the next block. There are a lot of stairs and it was a bit hard dealing with luggage, but worth the savings on a cab.

Buy a Suica or Passmo pass for the subway as soon as you get there and then reload as you go! The Hanzomon line connects with many other lines in the city and takes you right to busy Shibuya - just five stops away.

I didn't find many restaurants near the hotel and didn't try the restaurants at the hotel, but there are two little quick markets that will do in a pinch.

Room Tip: High floor with a view!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiyoda
Ochanomizu / Akihabara / Kanda
Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
The Tokyo Station Hotel

Been to Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon? Share your experiences!