the b tokyo akasaka
US$494
US$346
Conrad
  • Restaurant
Centurion Hotel Grand Akasaka(Minato)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$47
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monterey Akasaka(Minato)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Breakfast included
US$85
US$45
  • Restaurant
All reviewstbs buildingrooms are smallfree coffee in the lobbysubway stationtwin roomchiyoda linean italian restaurantself service laundrywasher and dryerbars and restaurantswould definitely stay here againbreakfast includedsmall fridgelocation is fantastichotel locationbooked this hotelshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We stay for 6 nights and everything was really perfect. Cleanliness and friendliness to the highest level. the rooms are well organized and the staff is very helpful. It has an internal laundry with dryer, very cheaper. A smoking lounge room. Free coffee for everybody.
Thanks for wonderful week!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo akasaka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Tommi M,

Thank you for staying with us at the b akasaka and sharing the feedback.
I am delighted to read your generous comment of your stay, especially “Cleanliness and friendliness to the highest level” is most appreciated.
I shared the comment to entire team, and I am sure that your comment strongly encourage them for future performance.
I believe staff service is very important, not only the general facility hotel has to offer, then we continually strive to provide heartwarming service to each and every hotel guest.

I am also pleased that you mentioned our facility.
Smoking lounge on 2nd floor was newly installed along with interior renovation last year.
Coin-laundry and dryer are available 24 hours and purchase of laundry detergent at store is not required.
Complimentary coffee at lobby is always freshly brewed, and I wish our guests have relaxing time over the coffee.

Once again, I appreciate your stay on this occasion and this valuable feedback you took the time to write.
We all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

we were staying in this hotel during the earthquake (Nov 21). 7.4 near fukushima region. we could feel that in Tokyo. actually before Nov 21, probably Nov 20, we felt that too. it was 06, 0500 in the morning. we were staying on the 8th floor of this hotel.
we guess that this shaking shaking feeling is nothing unusual to japanese. it is not so easy to comprehend. the thing we want to say is japanese buildings are really amazing. they really put a lot of effort to withstand this scary natural disaster. such a beautiful and dangerous country and people there are making the best out of this difficulty.
Respect !

back to this hotel's location, very convenient. 2 metro stations can be used. 1. akasaka, 2. akasaka mitsuke .
we used the akasaka mitsuke more becoz we liked to hang around in bic camera and the nearby area which had many many eating places, and convenient stores.

but of coz, the slope or the stairs was quite tiring, especially on the day of arrival.

it would be better if u put a sign to show people the direction coz what happened is i put the hotel location on my google map. i could see the dot besides TBS building. but i simply was not able to get closer to the hotel. it took me sometime to figure that out. it would be nice to have a sign / a finger to show people (outside TBS especially) that YES! this way. STAIRS! yes!

i liked the breakfast. it's more about eastern style. for those into western style breakfast, probably some room of improvement.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 333newbie22
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo akasaka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

Dear 333newbie22,

Thank you for staying with us at the b akasaka and sharing the feedback.
I am sorry that you experienced earthquakes often during your stay.
I guess no matter how big they are, they make feel uneasy especially for visitors from overseas.
We underwent seismic retrofit work over the half year this year, and then the earthquake proof of the building has been strengthened.
We also prepare for emergency in other aspects to ensure safe and comfortable stay.

I am pleased to learn that you found location very convenient, and that you enjoyed breakfast.
We are located in quiet area on a small hill and close to Akasaka station with 5 minute’s walking distance. Akasaka-mitsuke station is also accessible on foot approximately 10-15 minutes, however we suggest to take a taxi for those who have large travel luggage.
Nearest convenience store is in the building in front of the hotel, however there are other convenience stores within 5 minuite's walk.
However, this hilly location provide quiet sleep environment even in the center of Tokyo. It is also accessible to Roppongi area on foot.
I am sorry that our location is little difficult to find, and I will definitely consider if we can provide more clear access information and the way to provide it. I am very grateful for the feedback, and I think some of other guests might feel the same.

Our breakfast has Japanese and western style menus and it is offered adjacent Italian restaurant.
I shared your comment to the restaurant manager, and we will continually strive to improve breakfast as well, considering the gusts' liking.

And now for Christmas season, we have added special embellishments in lobby area. I hope our guests also enjoy this seasonal and heartwarming Christmas decoration.

Once again I very appreciate you stayed with us on this occasion, and took the time to write this valuable comment.
We continually strive to provide more comfortable stay, and thus we all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Looking for a nice room with a view? Centrally located with friendly staff? You found it here in Akasaka-Tokyo, Japan. Room was bigger than the normal Japanese rooms I've been in before. Good tasting free coffee in the lobby and an Italian restaurant right outside the front door. Short walk to the Tokyo Metro station and shops.

Room Tip: Top floor, lots of tall buildings around.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Bill S,

Thank you for staying with us at the b akasaka and providing your feedback.
I am delighted to read your generous comment of your stay.
Freshly brewed coffee at lobby is one of our complimentary service as we wish our guest spend relaxing and pleasant time over the coffee.
Guest rooms are functionally laid out with sufficient amenities.
Inner decorating of room was updated recently, and we newly installed multi-plug outlet and replaced bed flame to make more storage space along with the renovation. Besides we do not offer bath tub in bath room but functional shower tower. This shower tower is one of special appointment and it offers pleasant shower experience with rain shower and body spray shower. I hope you enjoyed newly updated room and the shower tower.

It was our great pleasure to have you stay on this occasion, and we all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Good hotel is you want to avoid the hordes of tourists and reasonable rates. Rooms are rather compact, but clean and well-maintained. Nearest subway station - Mitsutake - is not too far, but downhill...so better take a taxi.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo akasaka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear gbk48,

Thank you for staying at the b akasaka and providing feedback.
I am pleased to learn positive experience of your stay.

Nearest station, Akasaka is 5 minutes walking distance from us, and it is slope way as you mentioned. However, there is an elevator available in TBS property before the long stairway, so please rest assured that there is no concern that walking the slope way with travel suitcase. This elevator will be easily found if you come from exit 3b of Akasaka station, and we will be happy to tell the location if you are not clear. Akasaka-mitsuke station connects to Marunouchi and Ginza line, and it takes 10minutes on foot from our hotel. We recommend to take a taxi if you have to carry large or heavy luggage. Shopping and dining are also within 5 minutes walking distance, so I believe this location is convenient for any travelers.

I am equally pleased that you found room to be clean and well-maintained.
We undertook renovation and interior decorating has been updated recently. Multi plug outlet was installed in each room, and bed frame replaced as a part of renovation.
We continually hear feedback from guests and strive to provide more comfortable stay like this renovation.

Once again, I very appreciate your stay on this occasion.
We all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again!

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

This was our second trip to Tokyo Japan and we decided to stay in Akasaka to try something a little different. It most definitely did not disappoint and we only wish we had longer to explore this charming neighbourhood. The only thing to keep in mind is if you have a JR pass the most convenient trains in this area won't accept the JR pass. Despite this, the cost for the local trains and subway is minimal so we didn't consider this an issue as we bought the JR pass for the longer trips we will be taking to Kyoto and Hiroshima.

The b Akasaka was a wonderful hotel and definitely good value for money. The rooms are quite compact, which is typical in Japan and Tokyo in particular, but very well laid out making the most of the space available. They are spotlessly clean and quiet, and although the beds are harder than we are used to at home, very comfortable to sleep on.

The bathrooms are spotless and well laid out given the small space. The shower was wonderful!! Excellent water pressure, very quick to reach the desired temperature, and with a rain head option, wand option and three horizontal jets, it was perfect after a long day walking around the city exploring.

The staff were very helpful and check in and check out were quick and easy. We had to change rooms after the first night as we had extended our stay in a separate booking. The staff were excellent and allowed us to leave our luggage in the first room we stayed in. When we came back that afternoon from a day out they had transferred our luggage to our new room for us. Their English is quite sufficient to ensure understanding, but we tried to use Japanese (within our limited understanding) wherever possible.

We would most definitely stay here again, and cannot recommend them highly enough!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Krystal B
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo akasaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Krystal B,

Thank you for staying with us at the b akasaka and sharing your feedback.
I very appreciate you chose us from a hundreds hotels in Tokyo and provided very kind comments of your stay.

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed our shower tower. This is one of our special appointment which provides pleasant shower experience with three types of heads. We have very strong confident that this shower could satisfy our guests even without bath tub, and even in winter.
So it is our great pleasure you liked it and shared your experience with us.

As nearest station is on metro railway, not on JR so we are sorry that you could not use that rail pass. Tokyo metro offers one-day pass so it is also practical and useful to get around many attractions in Tokyo by metro. And our location is 5 minutes walking distance to the nearest station. There are also many shopping and dining in the neighborhood within 5 minutes walking distance, and situation around hotel is very quiet in upmarket residential area. So I believe this location is ideal for any travelers in regard to transport and sleep environment.

I am equally pleased to learn you found rooms to be well-laid out and clean. I understand that our rooms are basically compact as size of rooms are between 10 to 17 square meters however we maximized the limited space, functionally laid them out. In addition to many amenities, we have installed multi plug outlet in all of guest rooms at recent renovation for even more comfortable stay as many guests from overseas increase.

We continually hear feedbacks from guests and strive to provide more comfortable stay. It was our great pleasure to have you stay here, and we all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again.