“Convenient location near airport”

Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels / Ryokan in Ota
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Arriving 11pm; we were worried that we would not have enough time to reach hotel in the city by train. Decided to stay somewhere near the airport compared to trying to rush through imigration and baggage clearence.

Hotel provides bus from international airport; scheduled very conveniently for our arrivals in late evenings. Wrote an email to the hotel for info, and was provided with helpful instructions on directions for the bus transfer.

Checked in and had midnight supper at nearby local restaurant across the road. There are a few restaurants and convenient stores along the hotel to the train station.

Took the train the next morning during rush hour; there are many locals who boards the train too, but it wasn't too difficult even though we had our trolley bags. In fact we enjoy the experience of a typical rush hour traffic. Anyway didn't regret the decision to stay overnight at the hotel on the first night as the train journey to the city took almost an hour. If we were to take the train on the first night, we would most probably be arriving very late and tired.

I left my phone in the room after checking out; and called back to the hotel to check. They managed to find my phone and kept it for me, to be collected on my way back to the airport a few days later.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eat_Wind

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The only reason my wife and I booked this hotel was because we arrived late in Haneda, Tokyo and did not want to rush down to the city at midnight.
The hotel provides a half-hourly shuttle service from the airport till around 1am (if I didn't remember wrongly), which was convenient.
Across the road from the hotel are a few family marts and restaurants - again adding to the convenience factor.
Next day we had to take a train down to the city, and the train station was within walking distance (less than 10 minutes).
Staff were helpful. Despite not having excellent command of English, the staff still did their best to provide instructions/directions to the city and printed the train timings for us.
Rooms were very small but clean.
Can't judge much as we stayed just one night and the hotel did not leave much of an impression but overall it was ok. We have no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Northern_Rock
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is definitely nothing spectacular, but is extremely convenient for a traveler who has an early flight the next morning.

I flew into Narita in the afternoon and took a limousine bus over to Haneda. I then caught the free shuttle to the hotel (I believe the shuttle make's it's route 2x's each hour). After reaching the hotel the check in was smooth and quick. There were 3 people behind the counter which made the wait almost non existent. I booked a standard single room because I was only there for the night. The room is what you would expect from a Tokyo business hotel. All of your standard amenities were available. The bed was nice and spacious. At the foot of the bed along the wall was a bench/table that was the length of the room. That area was convenient for leaving my suitcase and bags as the floor space was sparse. The room has everything you may need for an overnight stay.

After a quick wash of the face I ventured downstairs to the hotel restaurant, Cafe Sora. I was not in the mood to venture out and explore the near by restaurants so I went with what was easy. The restaurant featured a fairly diverse menu. They had an a-la carte menu that I chose a few items from. The tuna karaage was pretty good as was the tako carpaccio. The food wasn't 5 star restaurant caliber, but it was definitely good enough for someone who just spent 14 hours on a plane and buses to get there. They also serve Zima for those of you who want to take a flashback to the early 90's. I personally stuck with the deliciousness that is Japanese draft beer.

There is also a convini located right across the street for any munchies and late night refreshments you may want in your room.

The morning shuttle bus was as punctual as anything can be. I chose the 5:20am departure shuttle. I checked out at 5:15 and was on the bus by 5:16. As the clock hit 5:20, the bus started, the doors closed and we were on our way to Haneda. I love Japan.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CodenameMikey
Reviewed 5 April 2012

ok if you need to take the plane early morning from haneda. otherwise a no-thrill hotel. small rooms, staff hardly speaking any english. shuttle from and to hotel. small restaurant for emergency food in the hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Geneva2009
Reviewed 5 April 2012

arrived at haneda at 10.00 at night and therefore decided to book this hotel for a short stop over before we proceed to tokyo proper.
the good thing is that there is a jal hotel shuttle to take you there with no hussle. also the next morning we once again took the free shuttle to the airport to catch the airport limo to disney resort. shuttle is frequent and it only takes about 5 minutes to reach the terminal.
however, rooms were ultra small and we found it a little difficult with space.
a good option if you are landing late or departing early as a stop over hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family