“Great food authentic Japanese feel”

Niboshi Ramen Nagi Shinjuku Golden Street Honkan
Ranked #22 of 10,418 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This was our first meal in Japan, Lined up for 15minutes but line moved fast. After walking up the stairs paid and ordered on the machine with cash. One meal was enough to share. More tourists than locals though but this meant they understood my English.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

My mistake is I write the review in November 2016 while I visited in March 2016.

This a unique taste of Ramen, it taste fishy, if you are not a fan of fish, I recommend to do not try this, but if you are, you MUST try this.

Okay, this is a tricky place. It gave me a hard time to find this place. You can find the entrance picture in tripadvisor gallery. It has narrow stairs so I suggest don't bring any luggage if you plan to go here.

Go upstairs and you have to make your order with vending machine right at the end of the stairs. Don't hesitate to order 2 bowl of ramen. It costs around 1200 yen I think, but it's very worth it.

Ichiran is good but this is unique. Visit Shinjuku and you didn't try this.. Uuh.. you made a mistake

1  Thank Ivan tk
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Worth the wait if there is a short one, if it's a long line I suggest coming back later as it's 24 hours, if there's a line now it might be gone in an hour or two!

Fishy style Ramen. Very good but very salty so drink lots of water!

1  Thank Gordie W
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We really enjoyed our visit to Nagi-! The Ramen was delicious! We arrived for a late lunch around 2:00 on a week day and didn't have to wait. However, the restaurant only holds maybe 10 people so don't be alarmed if there is a wait.

1  Thank travelwiththeallens
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I don't usually get to wowed by ramen but enjoyed this place. It had a lot of character and the ramen was tasty! It was a fish base but didn't at all taste fishy, just gave it a bit more flavor.

We got there really early after the samurai museum and only had to wait about 10 minutes. It is a tiny store so you wait outside in the alley. I think this all adds to the anticipation. Dont take luggage with you or it won't fit in and be careful up the tiny stairs.

You order at the top of the stairs using the vending machine menu. Double servers of anything are not needed as the serving is huge.

Would visit again