“Outstanding sushi at reasonable prices”

Tsukiji Kiyomura Sushi-Zanmai Higashi Shinjuku
Ranked #5 of 9,400 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 9 July 2017

This is a chain restaurant with locations near the fish market and two other locations in Shinjuku. I ate at this branch and the one near the fish market 4 times over 3 weeks and had some of the best sushi imaginable. I've talked to folks who spend $250 for one person to eat sushi and I can't imagine it is that much better than what I ate here. I recommend the 5 types of blue fin over rice or the plate of assorted sushi. Outstanding with a helpful staff. If you don't speak Japanese, not a problem. You can order from the pictures on the menu and there is always someone on staff who can speak English.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Some of the best medium fatty tuna I've ever had in my life!... Small place but a great vibe. We went for dinner then lunch the next day...the experience was fantastic both times.

1  Thank Perry L
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent sushi experience - very fresh and lives up to the expectation! Had the 13 piece platter and was amazing!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

This was great simple sushi, no thrills. Don't expect the best restaurant in town as the review suggests, but in a busy place like Shinjuku when you want simple food I really appreciated this place.

If you're downstairs or in a booth you order via a slip and check a box in which sushi you want. As an English person we just matched up the symbols, there's two boxes next to each option and that's whether you want wasabi with it, if it's hatched it's not an option. If you're at the bar, just smile and point at the menu on what you want.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I love to eat sushi in the States but this restaurant in the less busy area of Shinjuku is the best I've ever eaten. Love the sea eel.

Our party of 4 ate a lot of sushi there and was pleasantly surprised at the relatively inexpensive restaurant bills. The host even came out the street and thanked us as we walked out on the sidewalk.