Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
US$372
US$256
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
US$225
US$72
US$110
US$75
1,552 results
All reviewsrooftop barlove hotelsthe red light districtloft roomgolden gainice hotelnever felt unsaferobot restaurantminute walkrooms are smallthe club loungewalking distancenight lifewould definitely stay here againhotel is locatedtrain stationlate at night
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

With three of us we ordered the triple room with mezzanine, which worked well. This place is 3 minutes from Golden Gai, the Ninja museum, Robot Restaurant etc. and about 7 minutes from Shinjinku Station on the east side. It is surrounded by activity, but it’s very quiet and comfortable. The cafe near reception has brilliant espresso take away as well as sit in. The bar has great views, but no real vibe. The restaurant is really reasonable for breakfast with a range of US, European and Asiatic choices. Coffee is filtered stuff which is strong but not nearly as good as the espresso! Bathrooms are well appointed. Like all Japanese rooms, squeezing suitcases in can be a challenge! Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This hotel has a good rooftop bar that is open until 3am and as many of the hotel rooftop bars in Shinjuku only open until 11 or 12 is a great option. Staff are friendly and is in a quiet part of Shinjuku. The hotel just looks like it has had some fixtures updated to try and make it look stylish however some of the fixtures are still old. Also, I would suggest that vegetarians do not opt for breakfast as my only options were undercooked scrambled eggs and potato gratin!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NKelly186338
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is a tastefully decorated hotel. The room was smallish but we expected that for Tokyo. The Shinjuku Granbell is close to the main railway station, Shinjuku, and is located in the Kabukicho area. This is really interesting. Very quiet by day but it comes alive at night - bright lights, restaurants, Golden Gai - really interesting alleyways and even Godzilla. We always felt safe together. The hotel restaurant has a great view of the surrounding area. Value for money breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: If you want more space, choose a room larger than a luxury double.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki G
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is near to station, it took me about 5 minutes to reach the hotel. I checked in hotel at around 12am but there were still a lot of staff at the front desk to help the guests to check in. The check in process was pretty fast and totally hassle-free. The staff spoke good English and showed leaflets of hotel area information and Bebot online assistance AI chatbot. Bebot provided me area information and recommendations for restaurants which greatly help me to explore the area around the hotel. It was a great city view from my room through the window. The room is well-decorated with artistic painting and beautiful lightings. Hotel provided full set of amenities such as shaver, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste - basically everything I need. The room space was perfect for me. TV can be viewed in English language which makes perfect sense for the guest who doesn’t know Japanese to function TV well. Hotel staff called and reminded me of check out time so that I wouldn’t be charged extra. Overall, my stay in this hotel was exceptionally pleasant. I will definitely return to the hotel for my stay in Tokyo again. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
shinjuku-granbell, お客様担当マネージャー at Shinjuku Granbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Mr/Ms. nneknuv,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review.
We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your trip and had a good experience with our service. Also, bebot service has just started last month, so your comment that you have liked the system really helps us for the improvement.
Your kind words will definitely encourage our staff to make our service and hospitality better.
We look forward to host you with warm welcome!
Again, thank you very much for staying with us and giving us a feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Sakura

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights while exploring Tokyo. It's well located, modern, clean and about as big as a room you would expect in Tokyo. I stayed in a loft with a friend. It was tight, but it worked. Didn't spend much time in the hotel (as you would in Tokyo), but the lobby is spacious with plenty of work space and even a nice outdoor area. Good option at this price.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank pkloczko

Dear Mr/Ms. pkloczko,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us a feedback.
We are happy to know that you had a good time in your overall trip.
It is our pleasure to be a comfortable place to rest.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again in the future.

Warm Regards,