All reviews bathroom amenities short stay sunshine city the ground floor stayed for nights within walking distance shopping mall nice hotel bed dryer halal exit budget luggage ikebukuro subway station
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stay 6 nights at this nice hotel. Good location. Just 5 minutes from Ikebukuro Station's North Exit. The staffs are polite and helpful. Small and tidy room (suitable for couples). The bath tub is small but the water pressure is strong. The bed is so soft and comfortable. In room wifi is strong. This hotel provides much more room amenities compare with others hotel. A lots of shopping mall, restaurant and convenient store within walking distances. Recommended !!!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル池袋駅北口, Receptionist at APA Hotel Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us here APA HOTEL〈Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi〉
We are really delighted that you found our hotel to be comfortable.
APA has three major concepts which are high quality' 'high function' 'eco-friendly', what we call ' New Urban Style Hotel.
and high grade amenities: toothbrush and razor.
We are sure that your review about our services will make all the member of team highly motivated and help us provide better
service to guests. It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you back soon and many thanks again for your kind review.

ono/ Receptionist

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I've read the previous reviews regarding the size of the room in this hotel, and how soft the bed is, but didn't expect such an intensity! The two of us stayed in a standard double room. With a carry-on trolley and a mid-size luggage laying flat on the floor, there's hardly any floor space left for the room door to open!
The bed, as mentioned, is unbelievably soft, and it's impossible to sit straight at all! Things, including people will all fall towards the heaviest item/person on the bed (kinda like a hammock), making it impossible to add useful work area to the already tiny room...
However, one thing I must mention is that the bed is actually very comfortable to sleep in!
As to other features of the rooms, the walls of the rooms are very well sound-proofed. We were talking really loudly in our room but our friends next door couldn't hear anything. However, the room doors are thin so we could hear people talking in the hall way.
The best part about the hotel is its location: it's only a 5-minute walk to the northen exit of Ikebukuro station, and there're many good and affordable restaurants nearby.
Personally I think the rooms are too tiny for 2 people (especially 2 that aren't romantically-linked), but it could be a good choice for single traveler with a budget.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
アパホテル池袋駅北口, フロント at APA Hotel Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Greetings from APA HOTEL〈Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi〉.
Thank you very much for staying with us here APA HOTEL〈Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi〉and Providing your feedback on your recent stay.
We are extremely sorry that we let you down and did not meet your expectations.
Although rooms are compact, there are high-quality equipments in each room such as big screen LCD TV, original wide bed 'Cloud fit' and high grade amenities: toothbrush and razor. They make guest’s stay comfortable.
We take your review seriously and will share it with our team members. We certainly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future to extend you a better stay experience.

SHIBATA/ Receptionist

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and the best thing about it was the location, Ikebukuro is a nice, less glitzy and very convenient place to stay with easy enough access to the subway and food. The hotel room though was TINY for two people and it's hard to adjust the temperature so that it's comfortable. Also the mattress was so soft I think it further aggravated my bad back.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル池袋駅北口, フロント at APA Hotel Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Greetings from APA HOTEL〈Ikebukuroeki Kitaguchi〉.
Thank you very much for staying with us here APA HOTEL〈Ikebukuroeki Kitaguchi〉and your kind review about our hotel’s location.
We hope that your review will be useful for future guests.

Our hotel is located in 4 minutes walking distance from Ikebukuro station and easy to get to Sunshine City where is a good place to shop and also it is easy to access to the Narita airport.
There are lots of nice restaurants around our hotel.
We have received good commentsfor this.

We certainly hope that your time at the APA HOTEL 〈Ikebukuroeki Kitaguchi〉was a great one and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Haruka Shibata/ Receptionist

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Pros: stayed one night at the single room and two nights at a double room as I was traveling in between stay and wanted to keep my suitcases there. Single bed was much more comfy than the double bed.

The single room was located on 11/F and when I checked in a second time for the double room, they gave me the 5th floor. I asked them if there's a higher floor room available, they gave me a free upgrade to the 13/F.

Took me a while to find it the first time, but after that, it's just an easy walk to/from the station.

Good selection of free amenities to use including hair band and sponge, which not all hotels provide.

Cons: didn't know Ikebukuro is a red light district before my stay. There were plenty of love hotels around and I saw many young girls standing on the street at nights. Wouldn't stay if I had known.

Single bed was more comfortable than the double bed. The double bed was bouncy and the pillows were not comfortable at all. And there was stains on the doona in the double room.

Air con was cold but it was noisy all night long.

Also, on the first night, there was no teabag or coffee in the drawer and no water either. Second check in, got team coffee and two bottle of water on the second day. Kind of random.

There is also only ONE washing machine and ONE dryer on the ground floor. You might have to wait long at night to get your washing done. After washing my clothes, I found black marks all over my white clothes. Felt dirtier than before wash. Won't recommend using it.

Room was small as most people have described. I managed to have my suitcase open in the upgraded double room. Not a chance in the single room. Definitely not for big suitcase traveling.

Also, be mindful when you use the bathroom, as the curtain doesn't block the water completely so you might end up with a wet floor.

Not sure if I'd stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
アパホテル池袋駅北口, フロント at APA Hotel Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Greetings from APA HOTEL〈IKEBUKUROEKI KITAGUCHI〉.

Thank you very much for staying with us here APA HOTEL〈IKEBUKUROEKI KITAGUCHI〉and taking your time to write your experience.
We are really delighted that you found our hotel to be comfortable.

SHIBATA/ Receptionist

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights on business.

Room is tiny.

Breakfast average.

Service terrible. Can only rent the iron for 1 hour when they will then call you asking YOU to bring it down.

Asked to borrow an umbrella in the rain, it barely covered my head and looked like it was from daiso 100 yen store

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
アパホテル池袋駅北口, Front Staff at APA Hotel Ikebukuro Eki Kitaguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for staying.

Apa Hotel has functional elements in a tight space.
As you say, you may feel narrow.

As for breakfast, we also consult with cooking staff to provide more delicious breakfast.

Regarding the iron, there is only one iron at the hotel, and other customers will also use it.
Also, for the purpose of preventing fire, lending is supposed to be one hour.
I am sorry to have you come to the reception despite being busy.

'm really sorry about the matter that the umbrella is very small. Because it is an umbrella for rental, you may feel small.
In the future, we will make improvements so that we can introduce big umbrellas.

Thank you indeed for contacting us while I am busy.

Best regards