All reviews free green tea tatami mats rooftop terrace common room ikebukuro station small kitchen other guests traditional japanese accommodation shared facilities traditional bath lounge area a great place to stay other travelers laundry facilities rooms are small first floor minute walk
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended. The staff is very friendly and the futons are comfortable. Overall one of the best budget places to stay in Tokyo! It is a great place to have a chat with peopele from all over the world.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KimiRyokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Kimi Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review!
We very appreciate that you hVe stayed with us everytime when you come Japan.

As you like us, Kimi, we will do the best service for repeat guests!

Thank you so much for your interest.

Owner Minato Kisaburo and Kimi staff

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This was my first time staying here. Stayed four nights. Was influenced by the positive reviews, and I basically agree with them. Ran into a two couples who had stayed at Kimi Ryokan multiple times. If you are okay with Japanese-style accommodations with common bath/shower you should consider it.

Staff was helpful, my room was basic but fine (that's kind of the theme). Ikebukuro is a more interesting neighborhood than I realized. Lots of dining options right nearby. Several options for getting to either airport, I went with the bus to Narita, which was easy.

Really helps you stretch your budget in visiting Japan to have this option. Will very likely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank BigTA

We are so delighted to read of your experience during your stay.
We were so happy that you spent lovely days in Kimi.

We do take pride in good service to our guests' need the best way we can.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We will try to do the best for your next visit.

Owner Minato Kisaburo and Kimi staff

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

It was hard to rate this place, as 2 gives it a poor, which it really wasn't, but 3 gives it too much credit in my mind. Here's how I came to a 2/5:

Pros:

- staff were friendly
- common areas were kept pretty clean

Cons:

- The rooms look nothing like they do in the website pictures, and mine was filthy. Tons of scratch/scuff/mystery liquid marks on the walls. The flooring and cupboards all seemed really old too. Room could benefit from a coat of paint.

- Was supposed to receive a free gift if I booked through their website. I did book through their website....but no gift. Not a huge deal but given other lodgings on my trip did so without offering it was kind of disappointing.

I can't fault them too much because they did deliver on what was advertised, and with the lower prices for Tokyo I don't feel they overcharged or were overpriced. I think the quality of the room just turned me off. I would recommend seeing a room before you decide to book here to make sure expectations match what you get, and keep expectations low.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank flipside44
KimiRyokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Kimi Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

First of all, we want to really say 'sorry'.
We will definitely check carefully the room more about the walls and Tatami.
all guests who make a reservation through our website are supposed to get a small present from us we are so sorry about that there are some of the staff who just begin to work with us.
we are really thankful for your comment we will keep listening to our guests' voice.

Owner Minato Kisaburo and Kimi Staff

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This may be traditional and maybe our standards were heightened by other excellent hotels we stayed in but we weren’t hugely impressed. It has a bit of a hostel feel and seemed overpriced for what it was. Staff availability on reception was good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KimiRyokan, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Kimi Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment!
We will try our more best to satisfy our guests with better facilities.
hope you had a great time in Japan.
we are thankful for staying with us!

Best wishes,
Owner Minato Kisaburo and Kimi Staff

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The best place to stay if you are looking an authentic Japanese Ryokan experience. Traditional rooms with air-conditioning, bathrooms and showers on each floor, coin washing for those who need it and free tea for everyone. The hotel owner is also a real treasure.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yoru D
貴美旅館, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Kimi Ryokan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear guest,

We want to thank you so much for your stay in Kimi Ryokan with us and hope you enjoyed your stay and your trip to Tokyo.

We would definitely keep on trying to improve our service and also to keep the price reasonable. Please let us know if any inconvenience has bothered your comfortable stay, we are always ready to work on it right away.

Thank you very much for your comment again and our staff will be looking forward to seeing you next time in Japan!!

Best regards,