“Perfect place for budget travellers”
Review of Juyoh Hotel

Juyoh Hotel
Ranked #16 of 73 Speciality lodging in Taito
Reviewed 13 February 2017

+Convenient location
-10 to 15-minute walk to Minami-senju station which has JR East and Yamanote lines where known fast food chains are nearby.
- Bus stop in front of the hotel
- Quiet neighborhood
- Near grocery and convenience stores

+Friendly and helpful staff
- The receptionists were good in communicating in English
- The staff was very helpful when I tried to borrow a vacuum cleaner for my vacuum bag

+ Clean rooms and facilities and sufficient amenities
- I rented a single room with TV. It was sufficiently spacious for an Asian like me but not advisable for tall people. I also think the TV channels are all in Japanese. Still, it makes me comfortable to hear sounds coming from the TV while inside the room. The smell of tatami when you go back to the hotel is understandable. You can request for housekeeping before 11 am anyway.
- Shower, toilet rooms, wash rooms are common but clean. The hotel has hairdryer. Shower room is spacious and has a divider where you can change for dry clothes.
- Extra blankets are available
- Vendo machine for drinks available in the lobby
- Printing services

+ Very affordable rate
- I booked just a week before my arrival date. Good thing that a single room was still available and cheaper compared to others.

+ Quick responses and reservation in emails
- It seems like their website does not allow reservation so I just sent them an email. Fortunately, they replied quickly and accepted my reservation.

+ Strong Wi-fi signal

x Just like other Japanese hostels, the walls are thin so you might hear people carrying their trolleys in the corridors or doors closing. There were no loud guests during my stay.
x Not all floors have shower rooms. You need to go to floors with only 2 shower rooms. Fortunately, the shower room near my floor is not always occupied.
x Toilet rooms are small

Room Tip: get a room with same floor as common shower room but not beside it since the walls are thin. Not all...
1  Thank Isabelle B
Juyoh, Nancy / Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Mabuhay!
Thank you for the positive comments and a perfect rate you posted in our hotel Juyoh. I'm so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your entire stay in our property. Looking forward to see you again, the staff would be pleased to welcome you.

Salamat Po!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The hotel is very clean, I was a little worried about having shared bathrooms and showers but I never had a problem, the showers are big and comfortable and have a separate place to hang clothes and change. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the Japanese bath in the 10th floor (it was private and very relaxing). The rooms are very simple and a little small but they have all the basics. The only problem I found is that the hotel is a little far from the metro station, the closest is Minami-Senju from the Hibiya line and is several blocks away, but this can be easily fixed by staying in Asakusa station, and taking bus No. 42, the bus stop in just around the corner. There is a family mart next to the bus stop. The price was also very cheap, by Japanese standards, I was traveling on a budget and it was cheaper than capsule hotels, so I was pleasantly surprised with what I got for my money. I think it is ideal for a solo traveler. I had a really wonderful stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time writing your review during your visit at the Juyoh Hotel. I am very glad that our staff made your stay comfortable and pleasant. I, on behalf of the Front Office Staff thank you and look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Stayed here for a few nights in December 2016. My room was very clean and had a traditional japanese bed. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. The bathrooms were also very clean and the shower was amazing. Hot and strong.

The location is about a 5 minutes walk south of Minami-Senju station which is three stops from Ueno. Ueno has heaps to do and is in walking distance of other districts.

All in all I am very happy with the hotel and will be staying there again in a few weeks!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your great review, perfect rate and for choosing Juyoh Hotel. I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Was welcomed by a lovely receptionist on check in, managed to get in my room an hour before check in so that was nice! Nice lobby area and computers/wifi are handy. Would have been nice to have been told about the tea and coffee station though, only saw it when I was leaving! Room was great, nothing special but everything you need. Super comfy bed and amenities. Bathrooms were always really clean and the showers had great pressure! Really appreciated the slippers in the room and towel. Area is nice, quiet and friendly with few shops. I think it was the fridge in my room that was quite loud but not really a problem. Great price for this place, you won't regret choosing Juyoh! :)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bethan G
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I first experienced this hotel during my first trip in Japan in 2012 and it then became a must halt place for me while in Tokyo.
Good prices, confort and smiling hosts. Furthermore, good situation (not far from the center and close to station (Hybia line)).
Highly recommend this place to people aiming to enjoy Tokyo as backpackers.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Thibault C
Juyoh, Nancy / Assistant Manager at Juyoh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for your good review and for choosing Juyoh Hotel and for recommending our property to other travelers specially for backpackers. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.