“Good beer and good food”

Restaurant Sedartis
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Thalwil
Price range: US$15 - US$75
Cuisines: Diner, Mediterranean, Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hotel Sedartis likes to be a host for everyone. With our friendly service in a terrific ambiance with lake view we like to spoil as well as excite our customers for our restaurant. The basis to achieve that is a healthy, traditional and seasonal cuisine delightedly cooked. Our cuisine has an excellent price-value relationship and our service team is very customer oriented. For the well-being of your guests in the Sedartis team does not make in any compromises. In our restaruant it is quality that counts not quantity.
Reviewed 15 March 2018

The food was not extensive in choice, but there was enough of a choice to satisfy all tastes. The beer menu was also good, the atmosphere was friendly.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had dinner in a very rainy evening while staying in this hotel. We took the suggested dinner menu which was good but a bit expensive for the served items. Service needs to be improved (we were served with a box of butter which had been opened and cut by some other user).

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We have been to the Sedartis restaurant several times and we were never disappointed. The menu is not too large with seasonal variations. Food frequently comes from local providers and farms. The service is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommended this place without restriction.

UeliKnobel, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Sedartis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Michael H.
Thank you very much for your so kind and valuable feed-back.
I gladly forward this Feedback to my employes and hope to welcome you again in the very near future.
Best regards
Ueli Knobel, Manager and Host

Reviewed 2 March 2017

You might think a simple supper of soup & pasta would be hard to get wrong for the kitchen of a modern hotel in the country known as the home of the tradition of hospitality .. sadly Sedartis managed it across the board.
The tomato soup was delivered to table hot & flavoursome-- but after a couple of spoons of the finely crafted liquid I encountered a long shred of ... PLASTIC!
Whaaaat?!
Fearful of more of the same I rejected the temptation to continue, fearing I might end up choking on even bigger pieces.. back to the kitchen that course went!

The listed TRUFFLE ravioli in fact had NO truffles whatsoever- but traces of so-called truffle OIL... & from a food design point of view this proved as poorly judged as it was delivered too dry & the listed leak STRAWS accompanimentturned out to be totally inedible, they being in fact dried SHREDS( not "straws"... which might've been delicious).

Management apologised for the soup debacle, but in protesting my assertion that the pre-made soup had come from a plastic pouch( hence the plastic strip) was indeed wrong & the manger told me the soup in fact had been house made. I pointed out that was almost worse! If you make your own soup at home, how could a strip of plastic end up in the broth?
It bespeaks of sloppy kitchen practice & is inexcusable.
After the disappointing pasta, it turned out my 2glasses of wine as well the dud soup were gratis- so that's a positive gesture for a dining room when things are below par.

UKCK, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Sedartis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear Mr John N.
Thank you for taking all your time to send us your most appreciated feed-back.
I sincerely apologize, that you could not enjoy your dinner with us. I also talked to my colleagues concerning your experience- I cannot undo what happened. However I would like to point out a few things. We are proud to produce most of our dishes fresh. All our soups and vegetables are at any time homemade. Even the "Brioche-bread" in the evening is homemade. To guarantee the quality 7 days a week we need to store the items in some way and therefore we use a so called "sous-vide" method. We definitely have to work much more carefully to avoid a plastic stripe in the soup. Concerning the truffle ravioli, they are produced for Sedartis and delivered fresh. The filling is with fresh black truffle und truffle oil. However we are not the kind of restaurant to work with fresh truffle, grated over the pasta.
Dear Mr John N, I personally appreciate also your sincere second feed-back of your stay at Hotel Sedartis. I hope to have the occasion to welcoming you again in our Restaurant/Hotel.
Best regards
Ueli Knobel, Manager & Host

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I ate several times.
Typical swiss food. A little expensive for the quality of the food. The staff is however very kind.
The brunch on sunday is great

Roger_Zimmermann, Marketing Manager at Restaurant Sedartis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear andreasY6095UO

Thank you for your good review of your stay at Restaurant Sedartis. We appreciate your constructive feedback which we will incorporate in our upcoming review meeting.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at our Restaurant and remain with sunny regards from the boarder of Lake Zurich.

Roger Zimmermann