“A small taste of India”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2018

TAKE-AWAY REVIEW

This was a first time order and my expectations where not high as I have been spoiled with fantastic Indian food from my many years in London.
But I was actually a very, very good experience. We ordered Papaya and Raita as side orders/starters and the Papadam was a bit burned (never seen cinnamon coloured ones before) and the Raita had corn in it and lacked a bit of mint to suit my taste.

As main dish we had an excellent Lamb Vindaloo and a Lamb Korma, (and we could adjust the spiciness - very good) and the complementary rice was cooked to perfection - light and airy. Portions where perfect size and although we across the lake from Horgen, the food was perfect and taste and heating.

Ordered by phone, service was excellent, very friendly and customer oriented.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We went to Taste of India with our twin boys of 7. Friendly service, great taste, obviously quality ingredients and good size portions. Will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I live in Horgen, have eaten here twice, and had one takeaway. Without doubt, the Taste of India serves decent food, and the staff are lovely.

But the best restaurant in Horgen? At the time of writing it's listed as number 1 in the town, which I can't agree with. Just a personal view but it's not the best. It would be unreasonable to plug other restaurants by name here, but I would suggest checking out one of its Indian rivals as (arguably) serving even better, if more pricy, Indian fare. But both do Horgen proud. If you're a tourist/visitor, Taste of India is a convenient stroll from Horgen Station. If you have a little more time, jump in a taxi, or bus, and check out the competition.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I am thankful to this restuarant for serving us good delicious Jain food. The staff are nice and helpful.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Nice and tasty dinner. We are vegetarian and got palak paneer, aloo gobi and salad. Wasnt expecting everything but got here in taste of india.