“Amazing lunch - superfresh seafood”

Ristorante Grand Italia
Ranked #13 of 126 Restaurants in Porto Cesareo
Price range: US$23 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Some friends invited me here for lunch and it was probably the best restaurant meal I've ever had in Italy - and I got there quite often! The restaurant is very large and nicely decorated - it would be perfect for a large group or function. We started with a wide selection of seafood starters - from clams au gratin to carpaccio of squid to fresh anchovies and octopus. The antipasti alone were a feast! Then came a type of spaghetti done with mixed seafood - one of the best I have ever had. Then we had an enormous fish caught by a local young woman that morning and baked while we ate our pasta dish. All the small details were spot on - the bread was home-baked and delicious, the after dinner biscuits were so good we made space even though we were stuffed and the lemon sorbet was (again!) the best I've tasted. I'll be back!

1  Thank Helen G

Reviewed 23 June 2015

First class location, food, service and wine. 4 of us came across this restaurant by accident looking for lunch and were glad we did. It was superb. Waiter spoke English (which helps !!) and we had a wonderful lunch. The bill was very reasonable. Highly recommended

Reviewed 19 June 2015

We like this restaurant which is situated near the sea. The restaurant is nice, clean and with very professional service. The sea food is excellent, specially the starters. The selection of vine is good and the prices very low. They offered us grappa, coffe and desert free of charge. Something like that never happened to me before. After this we went to eat there every day and it was always very good. I recomend this restaurant, worth to visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

Excellent restaurant. Very quiet since it was the end of September but very good service. The food ticked all the boxes,a nice simple Caprese followed by beautifully cooked sea bass for me and swordfish for my wife. The service was attentive but not overly so and the bill was rather less than we imagined. All in all well worth the visit and would go there again.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Looked very nice from outside. lots of attention at first.Took our order. Explained I didn't want a starter thought he understood as he spoke good English. Got my main with the starters. Then got the same dish when the others main arrived. The food was lovely. Service was terrible at the end. Asked twice for the bill. Finally got it after waiting at least 20 mins. Weren't offered a dessert menu. We just left.

1  Thank Lwal42