Apartments Veselka(Lumbarda)(Great Value!)
US$52
Villa Laguna(Lumbarda)
US$91
US$71
Guest House Stone house Gregov(Lumbarda)(Great Value!)
US$47
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Pension Bebic(Lumbarda)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine tastingthe penthousehis wifeoystersdaily excursionsday trippersa wonderful holidaymotor yachtdubrovnik airportkorcula towncomplete packagemediterranean stylebreakfast and lunchbeach buggiesoff roadwonderful dayscrystal clear water
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Every five years I take an extra special trip to celebrate my birthday. This year I chose Croatia and specifically Korcula Island and Villa Sokol for my birthday. One of the traditions is that I wake up on my birthday to a view of the sunrise over the ocean (or sea.) Villa Sokol exceeded my expectations. The view from our 2 bedroom apartment was amazing. The Adriatic Sea ripples and shines in the sunlight, the islands can be seen, and the Lumbarda harbor adds a special touch. The apartment is lovely, but more importantly the hosts are outstanding. The lovely breakfast in the morning, the availability to give suggestions, and the desire to make your visit the best it can be. We were able to go out with the family for a boat ride around the island. I only wished we had been there longer so we could have taken advantage of some of the excursions that can be booked with Zoran. Lumbarda is a lovely little town with lots of hiking and small restaurants. Korcula which I thoroughly enjoyed, but was glad I wasn't staying at (Lumbarda is much more charming), is only 5 km away. We were there in late November and it was definitely off season. Almost all of the restaurants were closed (cafes were open with mostly locals) so Zoran and Blazenka, without me asking, made some phone calls to find a restaurant for my birthday dinner. As with all they do, it was above and beyond the expected. We loved Croatia tremendously and Villa Sokol was definitely the highlight of our trip and made for a memorable birthday celebration

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RobinSoquel
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The whole experience surpassed our high expectations. We received a very warm welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts served on our own balcony with unrivalled views over the bay. The apartment was spotless and very comfortable: great bed and shower. Free use of kayaks and bikes helped us to explore but we were also very glad to have a hired car for visits to nearby Korcula town and other beaches. A day trip the island of Mljet on the owners' motor yacht was a highlight. A heartfelt thank you to the extremely hard working and friendly owners Blazenka and Zoran - we wish you well!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedSquirrel44
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived late (apparently common for UK visitors flying into Dubrovnik) but were warmly met by the owners who had left us a welcome platter of meats and cheese and wine. The apartment was spotless and spacious. Every morning, our private breakfast was served on the balcony, lenty of it too - we were encouraged to make up lunch, or just keep the leftovers in our fridge. The apartment wasn't cleaned during our stay (5 days) but as it was spotless to begin with, that was fine. Fresh towels provided on request, and also beach towels.
The owners run various activities (snorkeling trips, buggy rides, cycling, kayaking) which we were under no pressure to participate in. They also gave us free use of their kayaks and bikes (we were pretty much their only guests, so I don't know if this would always be possible when they are busy).
Villa Sokul is on a quiet bay just outside Lumbarda town. The town is a few minutes drive or an easy cycle ride. Maybe 30 minutes flat walk around the headland. Lumbarda itself is a small town with a small marina and just enough amenities. Surrounding it are vineyards (try the local wine - grk - which is only produced here), walks in the woods and a couple of beaches. Korcula town is maybe 15 mins drive away or you can walk, cycle, kayak, or take a bus or taxi. The other end of the island is only an hour in the car.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Ok so we had a ridiculous amount of space with two of us in the penthouse which sleeps five....but this really is a fabulous apartment, in a great location, and I really can't fault it. The owners are friendly but not intrusive, the breakfast delivered every morning is a really nice touch (and super tasty) and the apartment has all of the amenities you could need.

The location is about 15 mins walk from the centre of the village, and a 10 min bus ride from korcula town. The village has plenty of restaurants and a couple of supermarkets, the larger being just up the hill beyond the bus stop.

We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This place is incredible. The apartment is spacious and very clean and the balcony is not only huge but has a fantastic view over the harbour. At the end of the driveway you'll find a picturesque harbour, which I swam in each day before breakfast. The absolute bonus is free bike and kayak hire, not to mention the great trips available in the owner's motor boat. My favourite thing though was the very generous breakfast served on the balcony. Thanks very much to our hosts Blazenka and Zoran - we had the best time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple