“Very Nice overnight stay”

Lake Brunner Country Motel Complex
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moana
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here on an overnight trip north.
This place is beatifully laid out.
We stayed in a std cabin (cabin 8); being next to the toilets, showers, kitchen & social room, it was ideally located especially as it was pouring with rain, & access to them is sheltered.
The buildings & rooms are well maintaned, the room has tv but no fridge or jug but the kitchen has 3x refrigerators & jugs.
Overall, we were very happy here...only 2x issues we had were the plastic outdoor chairs in the room & we could feel the inner springs of the mattress, otherwise I would not have an issue recommending this place to others.
Love the Wekas!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2017

As the website claims, these motels are meticulously serviced. I have stayed at expensive hotels with poorer service. The grounds were beautiful with tame weka that eat out of your hands, unique children's playground (and adult's playground including outdoor table tennis and pool table!), and outdoor spa pool. We visited in the off-season so it was very quiet and peaceful. The property is set back from the road so even in peak season, I expect it would still be quiet. We found the owners to be very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Pay WiFi was available at a reasonable price and I obtained a good speed. Lake Brunner is just up the road - 3 mins - and is magnificent rain or shine.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
weka2014, Owner at Lake Brunner Country Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our 'very special place' and do hope you will come and revisit this spectacular part of the world.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a little while ago I stayed. That shouldn't stop anyone from adding a review. I was on a whim of going for a drive from Rakaia and ended up in Moana, too late to travel back. No accommodation booked. Came across this wee gem of a place, bit of wildlife floating around. Cherie and Alan both greeted me, gave me everything I needed and more. Peaceful stay, quiet surroundings, was quiet at the time of year I went, early than now. Clean, picturesque, within some great surroundings. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We parked our motorhome in a powered site for one night. While the toilet and shower facilities are shared, ie unisex, they are clean and functional. There is no time limit for hot water supply. It gets pitch dark at night, so you could do a bit of star gazing here. We met the lady owner who was very kind and polite to us.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We stayed 2 nights in a cottage. Loved the cottage and garden setting very tranquil. My youngest son loved the weka's which were quite friendly. Definately will come back to stay. Only qualms were double bed too small and soft for anyone over 5 foot 8 and the water pressure in the shower was hopeless.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moana
26.2 km away
Greymouth KIWI Holiday Park & Motels
30.4 km away
Otira Stagecoach Hotel
Otira Stagecoach Hotel
#8 of 16 in Westland National Park (Te Wahipounamu)
0.1 km away
Lake Brunner Accommodation

Been to Lake Brunner Country Motel Complex? Share your experiences!