Hotel Lake Brunner(Moana)(Great Value!)
US$77
Sundowner Motel(Greymouth)
US$81
Breeze Motel(Greymouth)
US$55
  • Free Internet
US$77
Aachen Place Motel(Greymouth)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$63
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesone nightget awaybedroom cottagea real gembeautiful place to stayshared facilitiesshower blockkitchen facilitiesglow wormsnice locationstayed nightsdouble bedlovely placearthurs passswing bridgeweka
Reviewed 17 July 2017

As the website claims, these motels are meticulously serviced. I have stayed at expensive hotels with poorer service. The grounds were beautiful with tame weka that eat out of your hands, unique children's playground (and adult's playground including outdoor table tennis and pool table!), and outdoor spa pool. We visited in the off-season so it was very quiet and peaceful. The property is set back from the road so even in peak season, I expect it would still be quiet. We found the owners to be very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Pay WiFi was available at a reasonable price and I obtained a good speed. Lake Brunner is just up the road - 3 mins - and is magnificent rain or shine.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
weka2014, Owner at Lake Brunner Country Motel Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our 'very special place' and do hope you will come and revisit this spectacular part of the world.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a little while ago I stayed. That shouldn't stop anyone from adding a review. I was on a whim of going for a drive from Rakaia and ended up in Moana, too late to travel back. No accommodation booked. Came across this wee gem of a place, bit of wildlife floating around. Cherie and Alan both greeted me, gave me everything I needed and more. Peaceful stay, quiet surroundings, was quiet at the time of year I went, early than now. Clean, picturesque, within some great surroundings. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We parked our motorhome in a powered site for one night. While the toilet and shower facilities are shared, ie unisex, they are clean and functional. There is no time limit for hot water supply. It gets pitch dark at night, so you could do a bit of star gazing here. We met the lady owner who was very kind and polite to us.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We stayed 2 nights in a cottage. Loved the cottage and garden setting very tranquil. My youngest son loved the weka's which were quite friendly. Definately will come back to stay. Only qualms were double bed too small and soft for anyone over 5 foot 8 and the water pressure in the shower was hopeless.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Off the beaten track made this overnight stay excellent. Had our own spacious cabin with a delightful,private verandah to relax with a wine and plan for the next day . Our own private shower and toilet facilities . There is wifi but an outage generally meant that even our payment had to be processed manually ...so it really was a get away ! Was not an issue at all really . Bed was comfy and warm and every implement you needed was in the kitchen . Milk provided for cuppa teas for this stay ...always a bonus ...surrounding countryside great and we recommend a walk to and over the swing bridge . Great relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Cabins are great .
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple