See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2012

One thing to say, if you have bad attitude you won't enjoy anything. If you want to feel good you will; under one condition: try to accept worse things and you will notice and appreciate the positive ones. The positive things about Casa Rosa are: price (you'll definitely afford it), beautiful garden with banana and palm trees, tranquility of a place (if your neighbours don't make parties of course:), spacious yard, safety of posada, very hilarious 2 parrots laughing and talking, fridge, always hot water, changing towels and sheets every week, aircondition that is silent and modern, fisherman truck passing every morning, access to Wi-Fi, 500 meters to playa el agua and 200 meters to bus station. I can say only good things about rooms, but please note that we were staying in the rooms with terrace in the orange building. The rooms there are dry, spacious you can easily air them by opening window and door. Worse rooms are on the ground floor in the low building mostly beacause of the humid and scarce of natural sun coming in and relatively loud airco. The owner of posada helped us with most of our questions. Big supermarket is 5 min of bus ride (ticket - 3 bolivars one way)
Just go to posada Casa Rosa and enjoy! I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms with the terrace on the fist floor of the higher building
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ksiszu
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Despite the deposit on a 5 day stay & numerous emails, the owner forgot to pick me up at the airport as arranged. THEN, when I got a private taxi, despite the danger, there was no one at the hotel to let me in! Unbelievable! Yes, often hotels do not answer their doors late at night because of the danger, but they knew what time I was supposed to be there! I do give the hotel credit that they did at least refund my deposit and apologize.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank gadtramp
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Avoid this place, worst stay of my life! I have traveled extensively and never have I been treated so grotesquely. Peter (owner) was extremely unprofessional, misleading, unwelcoming and extremely rude. This place is not worth the risk or the experience.

I chose this place because of the positive reviews and the alluring price. Big mistake, I should have remembered that if it sounds to good to be true- it is! I was shocked to be greeted by a very rude and hostile man- not what he appeared to be over phone or email. I booked a 3-night stay but was forced to leave after the first night after the following nightmare: In the middle of dinner, Peter demands to be paid, he demanded dollars. I had exchanged all of my money by then so I was going to pay him the equivalent in Bolivares, according to the prices clearly outlined on his website- but he was charging me almost triple in Bolivares. Instead of the equivalent of $35USD rate, he was charging me $80- quite a disparity. When I pointed out that his calculations were incorrect he went into a craze, shouting in my face, yelling over me and hurled a buffet of profanity and insults at me. He demanded the inflated false rate or the dollars and when I told him that his website prices were different he clearly told me in his broken English “the website is false...” He was absolutely neurotic I thought for a moment he might actually hit me (I’m a small girl). He caused us to go on a hunt at 10 o’clock at night for another place and ruined all plans. Point being, neither the price or the pictures are worth a stay here.

If you want to enjoy your stay, avoid this place like the plague. He didn’t even provide soap or towels after I asked him upon arrival. Don’t waste your time or ruin your vacation, spend a little more and go elsewhere, this place should be shut down.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
13  Thank EMM1216
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My wife and I stayed at Casa Rosa for several days in February of 2011. The posada is located a short distance from the main beach road. We were renting a car and found the posada in a very convenient location for going to playa el agua, and as a base for exploring the whole island. Peter, the owner, was extremely friendly and helpful with all of our questions and really made us feel at home. The posada was extremely clean, large spacious rooms, great ac, tv's, large bathrooms, and strong fast WiFi. We stayed at several posadas before and after staying here and none of them compared Casa Rosa (and most were more expensive!). Stay here! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank zaothusia
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I rested in "Casa Rosa" for a few weeks. And I have great impressions and pleasant memories about this place. At first, owners are very kind and attentive people. They are always ready to help with trips, rent of the car, advices about restaurants and other questions that tourists have in a new country. I like services there. My room was clean. Housekeeper cleaned it three times a week and changed bed linen too.There all the things that you need for living: towels, air conditioning... There is a pool in the territory of posada. it's not very big but comfortable enough. "Casa Rosa" is situaded near the beach Playa el Agua. In 7-10 minutes of slow walk. So if you want to to rest in quiet comfortable place with green cozy courtyard in the company of great peolpe, my advice "Casa Rosa". Thank you, guys, for great vocations and unfogettable pleasant experience!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends