Carnarvon Lodge(Kirribilli)
US$57
US$45
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$84
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$94
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$119
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$174
Autograph
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$75
US$461
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$627/night.

Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$78
US$72
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomglenferrie lodgecircular quayno liftshort walkbreakfast was excellentshared facilitiescoffee making facilitiestrain stationlovely gardenopera housemilson's pointmobility issuessingle roomvending machinetop floorsmall fridge
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We made a last minute booking for a night at Glenferrie and was gladly assisted by Marga over the phone. She was very patient even if we had so many questions about getting around the area. She helped us choose a nice room and noted special requests, too. It is our first time to stay here and we’d definitely come back. We felt our weekend had become a little extra special because of these small gestures. All the rest of the staff who welcomed us when we checked-in were also nice and lovely.

The room has a comfortable size and amenities are just exactly what we needed. The shared bathroom was not as bad as what we have imagined it to be. It’s clean even if it’s communal. The breakfast is such a plus too because it’s quite an uphill walk to the closest café.

The location is beautiful if you want something not far from the city but still very serene and quiet.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Kaye,

Thank you sincerely for your wonderful review I have forwarded your comments to Marga who really appreciates the feedback. I'm also pleased that the shared bathrooms were better than expectations. We try to ensure they are as clean as possible and of course the breakfast is one of our highlights.

Thank you again and I hope that when you next need to be in Sydney you choose to stay with us at Glenferrie Lodge.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Close to Sydney Harbour and Luna Park. Very quiet and clean room. Good accommodation for families. Children eat breakfast for free. It can be difficult however to find a carpark near the lodge on account of the proximity to the harbour.

Stayed: May 2018
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Rich and Mel,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Manor, as a hint for next time if you book direct then you get breakfast for free for everyone. just go to Glenferrielodge dot com. I'm also pleased that your kids enjoyed the hotel. We try to ensure there is plenty for them in the premises like the playground and of course all the local attractions like Luna park.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Travelling up to Sydney from Canberra to catch up with family and friends, I just needed a night's accommodation in a location where I could easily get to and from Waverton, the CBD and to Meadowbank on the Parramatta River. I started looking, fully expecting to pay close to $200 for somewhere in the CBD.

I was born and raised in Sydney so know the area well, but had not thought of accommodation in Kirribilli. As it turned out, it was ideal, with quick and direct trains everywhere I needed to go. The Lodge is only a few hundred metres from the Harbour, directly opposite the Opera House and close to the Bridge. This made for beautiful night time and morning works to Luna Park and around towards North Sydney. It was also completely quiet; no traffic here, just lots of homes I can only dream of living in - the Prime Minister's and Governor-General's Sydney homes are probably less than 100 metres away, which must say something!

My room was on the first floor, a couple of doors from the bathrooms, which were clean and very well laid out for privacy (nice separation of male and female, and toilets/basins from showers). The room itself was perfectly adequate - smallish, but with more than enough space to be completely comfortable. The bed was very comfortable too. Oh, and the reception staff were friendly and efficient.

The only qualification I would offer is that the Lodge is 10 minutes' walk from the station and there is a decent sized hill in the way (the way the road has been built, the east side of the street is a moderate hill, the west side is a killer - there is no reason not to walk on the lower side, unless like me you are a silly and just felt like experiencing how steep the other side is!!). And the Lodge has some steep stairs up to Reception. If you have lots of luggage or are mobility-impaired, that could be an issue.

For somewhere that is in a brilliant part of Sydney - only a few minutes to the CBD, without any of the noise or bustle - the $65 I paid was crazy cheap. Would I recommend it to family and friends? I already have been, any chance I get!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
jcbranch, General Manager at Glenferrie Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Sproogle,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and I'm really happy that you had a great experience. You've abolsutely nailed what we are about. we are not a luxury hotel but we try to provide a great stay at great value. Yes that hill can be difficult especially if you pick the hard side however as you know our location is lovely and while Kirribilli house isn't good enough for our current PM, (politics aside) it is the official residence of the Prime minister and next door the governor General generals home. Our location in Kirribilli is superb for all travel around Sydney from the Ferry into town (or parramatta for your requirements) and the train being close by.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that you come back again soon to visit us.

Sincerely

JC Branch

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

A friend gifted me with 3 nights at Glenferrie Lodge. I was in a single room on the main floor. The room was basic but clean and comfortable with a TV and a fridge and kettle. The bathroom and showers are at the end of the hall.
A hot breakfast is included and it was excellent.
My only caution is for people with mobility issues. There is no lift and it is an uphill walk from the Kirabilli ferry.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LJYToronto

Dear LJYToronto,

I'm glad that you are Gladly at Glenferrie, unfortunately my alliteration must end there. However it is nice to hear that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Yes we are not the best if you can't handle stairs, we do have rooms on the ground floor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time at Glenferrie and I hope that you come back to visit us again soon.

Sincerely

JC Branch

Reviewed 5 May 2018

A retired business friend stayed here many times over the years and always spoke very highly of the experience. So my wife and I stayed there in April and thoroughly enjoyed it all. Great location, wonderful and helpful staff and the amazing breakfast makes a good start to any day.
Good for fitness as there are stairs ( both from the nearby ferry and the hotel itself ) but if that is not a problem then why worry?
Shared facilities are brand new and very modern.
We did not take a dog but they do cater for them and we met a couple of very nice ones. Just ask when you book.
If you have a Tesla they have a couple of chargers on the property.
Will definitely be back!