“Fab Sunday Roast”
Review of Wolf + Lamb

Wolf + Lamb
Ranked #15 of 65 Restaurants in West Kirby
Price range: US$18 - US$38
Description: Bistro style restaurant with a French themed menu.
Description: Bistro style restaurant with a French themed menu.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time I’ve eaten in this restaurant and I will definitely be back. Went for dinner on Easter Sunday and had a great meal. Quality of the food was excellent, presentation was excellent and the service was great. Would really recommend.

2  Thank Stezenby

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Seriously impressed with this place.

We went for the lobster bisque , the white asparagus & the pigeon and Oso Bucco.

It was amazing. Just Amazing!

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My family and I visited yesterday for a roast to celebrate my dad's birthday and it was brilliant. The portions were very generous and it was extremely tasty. As the only vegetarian on the table, I was delighted to receive such a thoughtful plate of food - no nut roast in sight! There was an array of different roasted vegetables, black quinoa, dauphonoise etc. They also did me separate (genuinely veggie!) roast potatoes and gravy - it was delicious.The meat eaters were all extremely happy with their roasts (3 meats - beef, chicken and pork) as well.

We couldn't resist desserts - a mixture of creme brulees, chocolate surprise, and tarte tatin - all were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I usually share a dessert but I was delighted to eat one all to myself!

Soup and Roast were £20 each and the kids' roast and ice cream was £10 each. We all thought this was really good value. The kids were also very happy playing on the arcade machine at the end!

I have been to this restaurant several times since it has opened - for drinks and light bites, for dinner, and now for the roast and I genuinely think it's getting better each time. I would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I have visited Wolf and Lamb 3 times now and I can safely say that it is the best food in West Kirby and to be honest probably in the top 10% of restaurants that I have eaten in in terms of the quality and flavour of the dishes.

For me this is very high end cooking, the lobster bisque for example is ridiculously good. From the mains I have had lamb saddle twice, I would never usually order the same thing twice but the lamb literally melts in the mouth it is so tender, the dauphinoise potatoes are a thing of beauty to look at, never mind taste! Last time I went I have the beef bourguignon which was perfect also.

The creme brûlée with a hint of cinnamon is beautiful and the chocolate bomb, the sauce should be available in a glass with a straw!

For my tastes I would prefer to see a little more veg on some of the plates, for example the lamb saddle and beef fillet, however this is only a small point and does not take away from its 5 star rating.

Price wise it is one of the more expensive places to eat in West Kirby but personally I think its worth every penny. It is nice to see the place evolving with time however and offering some small plates and drinks offers as this will keep people coming regularly in a small town.

Lovely service and atmosphere, I think it lends itself to a more intimate dinner than large groups. It's a real treat - I'm looking forward to coming back and trying the roast.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The food was lovely, very well presented and was obviously nice, quality ingredients. We had all ordered roasts dinners ahead, including 2 veggie roasts for the non meat eaters in the party. Chef put together a nice selection of vegetables ... and put out the rest of the veg for the table but servers neglected to tell anybody there was bacon in the cabbage. We were not offered anything alternative for 20 minutes after this was first reported to staff, only when the manager came over and said sorry I’ve been so busy would you like something else - no way, everybody had well finished by this point. I do have to say at first the waiter was very apologetic but the manager not so much, very bad attitude, still tried to charge for one of the two veggie meals even though they were both not able to eat the dishes, which was a real shame as it looked and tasted lovely ... the bits they could eat! Very disappointed with the way it was handled. We won’t be going back in a rush - which is a shame really as the place is stunning.

4  Thank Marcus W