Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Travelodge Preston Chorley(Clayton-le-Woods)
  • Restaurant
Brook House Hotel(Clayton-le-Woods)
View Hotel
Park Inn M6 Preston(Bamber Bridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsfire engineleisure facilitiesthe lower ground floorsteam room and saunaswimming poolbuffet breakfastno liftfamily weddinglovely hotelon arrivalfood was lovelyevening mealstandard roomdecent sizestayed one nightnice staymy partner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would gladly stop here again, food very good had a lovely three course dinner with a free bottle of wine and a lovely breakfast the following morning. Staff were very helpful and the accomodation spacious. Will definitely visit again soon. Didn't use the pool facilities but maybe next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in 128 which was downstairs bit of a walk but we got a good deal on accomodation
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
John K, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very kindly for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and the team made such a great impression. We hope very much that you will return in the future and that you get the chance to use our pool facilities.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second stay at this lovely hotel. My husband and inhad stayed at the end of November on a short break and wanted to return with our friends as we had had such a lovely time. We were lucky enough to have one of he newly refurbished rooms which was extremely well thought out and very comfortable. The spa pool and jacuzzi were lovely and warm and clean. The food in the restaurant is of a very good quality, however service was a little slow due to the restaurant being full and additional events to be catered for within the hotel. The staff are a credit to the hotel as they are friendly, courteous and welcoming. Our thanks also go to Beth the restaurant manager who is efficient and met us warmly and showed us to our table. She manages the young staff extremely well and they are also a credit to the hotel, nothing too much trouble even though they were under a lot of pressure with the restaurant being full. The receptionists were great as were the bar staff. Well done Hallmark Leyland, we will be back! 5 star cleanliness, 5 star service.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are close to reception and pool
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very kindly for your review of your recent stay with us and thank you very kindly for returning. I am delighted that you had a great stay and that the team made such a great impression. I will personally ensure that Beth is recognised for her outstanding customer service and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope very much that we can welcome you back to the hotel for another great stay in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love this hotel. Free WiFi and parking.... are you taking note Travelodge... themed rooms, friendly staff, big telly, bath and a iron and ironing board. It's all you need. I travel all over the country and this is one of my favourites.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very kindly for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed the quirkiness of the hotel. We hope very much to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Hallmark Hotel for 3 nights on business and my experience was a litany of clangers that became so laughable they could have been taken straight from a Fawlty Towers episode.

First, the good. This hotel is excellently situated for business in the North West with great access to the M6, M65 and M61. Also, the breakfast has a good range and is reasonably priced. The hotel has a nice indoor pool and a (very) small fitness room. Although to be fair to the hotel they do spell that out.

So why the poor review? I booked a superior room as I knew I'd be working between meetings and I wanted space to do so. The room itself was newly decorated, although not any bigger than the cheaper executive room I'd booked with them previously. I'd literally just dropped my bags when a note appeared under the door to say there would be workmen in the corridor for the rest of the week between 10am - 3pm.

First, they were laying new carpet and doing so well past 4pm. Again in the interests of fairness, they were exceptionally courteous about the constant interruption I and other guests caused. However, then it got silly I returned from one meeting to find the entire corridor wet with paint, and then after another, I returned to a completely wet hotel room door. It's not ideal to be staying in the middle of a full-on renovation when carrying bags in a big overcoat.
Surely a smarter decision would have been not to let rooms in that part of the hotel until after the works. I know room yield is vital to a hotel's success but at some point you need to take into account your customer and not just your profit margin.

To add to my daily assault course dramas I then chose to put some laundry in with the hotel for cleaning. A job itself which took over 30 minutes as there was no price list in the room and housekeeping didn't know the prices due to a change of partner. Still, reception eventually collected my laundry at just after Noon Thursday and I was told I'd have it returned first thing the following day.

Friday I returned from more meetings about three to find no washing. I was now getting annoyed with my last 48 hours so asked to speak to John (The GM) and explained whilst these exasperations may seem trivial they do impact your stay. He said he understood and would ensure it was reflected in my bill. He then followed up to say the laundry would be there ay 6 and it did arrive at quarter to seven. Fine, I thought you made your feelings clear and you were listed too.

Then I came to check out and whilst there was no sign of a laundry charge there was also no promised act of goodwill instead the receptionist then informed me I hadn't paid fo my stay, which I'd done I advance through Expedia. Que another 20 minutes wasted until their systems proved they'd had payment. So utterly exasperated I went on my way.

These events may seem petty and in isolation, I'd agree but if your customer has a legitimate reason to be aggravated do something about it. If you don't follow through on your actions you just compund the problem, which is worse than doing nothing in the first place!

I feel this could be a good business hotel but that the hotel really needs to look at it's systems for guest satisfaction. Alas choice in the town is limited and maybe this is a factor in the service levels. I'll find out in May as I have to be back in the North West so another stay at Fawlty Towers beckons.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I know we briefly crossed paths during your stay, however it appears that some of the things that we discussed were overlooked. For this I am extremely sorry.

I am aware of the issues that you encountered and it is quite clear sir that we did not get it right from start to finish with your stay. This is not acceptable and I am very sorry indeed.

I believe the biggest issue with the apparent lack of communication and issues that you received with regards to your bill where down to the fact that we had a new front of house system installed during your stay. This meant essentially that the team went from using one system on one day to a different system the next. Whilst we did take measures to ensure that this did not effect the guests, it is clear in this instance, we did not transfer any of the communication notes from the old system to the new. I believe this is the reason that you did not receive any good will gesture on your bill and also the reason there was an issue with your payment method. Again sir, this is not acceptable and as I stated, it appears the procedures that we put into place to avoid this happening where not effective in this instance which is something I will review.

I agree 100% with your comments that if a course of action had been agreed to rectify the issues encountered and then they were not followed through, this is the highest frustration you can receive as a guest.

Please contact me directly at the hotel with the booking details for your return to the hotel and I will ensure that you are very well looked after and I will go to great lengths to ensure we make amends for the issues that you encountered.

Kind regards, Basil

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Husband and I stayed at the Hallmark Hotel Preston overnight after I bought a Groupon voucher, despite being guests using the voucher we were made to feel comfortable and given first class service just the same as full paying guests. There were no restrictions on any services or food & drinks and the staff throughout the hotel couldn’t do enough for us. It was a lovely break and we will definitely return. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very kindly for your review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted that you had such a great stay and I hope very much we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.