The Quay Hotel & Spa
Tideways B&B(Deganwy)
TripAdvisor
2,919 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suiterelaxation roomsauna and steam roomnorth walesleisure facilitiesoverlooking the estuarywedding partymodern hotellovely locationthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomshort breakrestaurant staff
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. We had a lovely spacious room with large bathroom. The room facilities had everything we needed. Loved having our own balcony as we are both smokers so this was extremely convenient.

Only small issues were that the bed was two pushed together so I kept falling down the small gap. Not great but otherwise comfy. Secondly, the walls are very thin so I was awoken by my neighbours t.v. on Sunday morning at 8am which was not ideal. The room doors also bang when shut which is annoying in the night. But again, not a big deal on the whole.

Staff and service spot on. Easy, efficient and friendly check in & out.

Restaurant for dinner was lovely. Excellent food & service. Breakfast also very nice & plentiful. Easy to get to Comwy and Llandudno from the hotel to explore.

All in all, very good. Would return & would recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
John R, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. I was thrilled to know that your in Room facilities were "everything you needed", I have also spoken to Maintenance and Housekeeping to soften the door closers and to ensure any twin Beds which are used as doubles are zipped and linked, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I was delighted to hear that the food was "excellent" and the team looked after you very well, your kind words have been passed to them.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Sorry for the poor rating but my reasons are,

1, Breakfast was poor, had to wait for food to be made at the buffet as chef was to busy cooking food for other guests from the menu. Sorry but ordering from the menu shouldnt be an option at breakfast. Also slow clearing tables and had to ask for more bowls to be put out as staff not paying attention to what was needed.

2, Came back to the bar after a night out and was told to take a seat as it was table service. After 20 minutes of waiting got tired of waiting or trying to get somebodys attention for a drink.

3, Room was alright, nothing special and looked a bit tired.

This is the first time I have ever left a review on a place we have stayed. The impressions of this hotel made us choose it to help celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. Really felt deflated and let down. I think the hotel tries to give itself a high class feel. Location in my eyes is the only thing that gives this hotel a reason to class itself as high standard.

Value for money I feel is just not right. Paying £179 for a room that could have just been a premier Inn or travelodge standard. Need to have a rething on the prices. Will definatly not be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G

Dear Guest,

May I firstly wish you a very happy belated 16th Wedding Anniversary and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, I greatly appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to learn that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations regarding the quality of breakfast and service received and I have shared your comments with my Management team for their urgent review.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel where I feel sure you will find our services much more improved.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Wow! Amazing! Stayed for one night on my own as part of a trip. Arrived at reception & got an amazing welcome from Sean.

The hotel and outside was lovely. I had a harbour view room on the ground floor which was lovely and clean with the most comfortable bed ever! I could not really see the harbour from the ground floor as cars were in the way but the room had a small balcony with table and chairs which was great.

The bar and other areas were lovely.

The only negative was the fire alarm fault but this was dealt with very professionally by the hotel team & they kept everyone informed.

The pool area was also very good with nice people on the pool reception who were very helpful.

The breakfast was lovely.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that works at the hotel - best customer service that I have seen in a very long time!

Room Tip: The garden rooms looked nice or the ones overlooking the estuary
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

WOW! Thank you for this marvellous review! Shaun is indeed one of our stars, I am so very proud to have him on my team.

I have passed your lovely comments to the staff and they are delighted to know it was the best customer service that you have seen in a long time!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The room we stayed in is huge. Sofa, comfy chairs, nice views of river filled with boats and a nice view of the castle as well. You can walk to the castle along the river. The bathroom was very large as well. VERY comfortable bed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeverettGirl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing this wonderful review. I was thrilled to know your Room was "outstanding" and you had a pleasurable stay. I was also pleased to read that you thought the Bed was "VERY" comfortable, I do receive a high number of compliments about this!

We shall look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Lovely clean hotel, bedroom was really comfortable. Views across the estuary are beautiful. Had a meal in the restaurant, excellent. Had room service for breakfast, don't do early starts on holiday......

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience, I was thrilled to hear the Hotel was lovely and clean, Bedroom, really comfortable and that the food was "excellent".