“Good Atmosphere”

Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good pub food, friendly staff,good choice of beers,menu had something for everyone, large portions, good place to spend a few hours.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This must be close enough to George Orwell 's perfect pub. A well stocked bar beautifully carved in dark wood. Three cosy rooms bursting with old world charm and robust traditional fare. All overlooking an atmospheric cemetery. Perfect on a cold windy night as the fires warm your bones.

1  Thank brian M
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Very dated, not what I expected. We heard good reviews... It wasn't for us.
Manager could've been a bit more people friendly.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Went for Sunday lunch on Sunday 3rd Sept with a group of friends and the Sunday lunch was excellent; a traditional English sunday lunch which was first class, followed by a homemade cheesecake which was superb!! the whole group of us were very well satisfied - and its also very reasonably priced ! I ll definitely be going again! and, theres also a good selection of beers and of course the humour of Dave the landlord!!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Booked in here with my mam and couple friends for the first time, we had a lovely tea I had the steak&ale pie it was lovely and the chips I think are some of the nicest I have ever had ( Real Chips my mam and friends all chose the scampi which they all said was lovely, the sav blanc was lovely to we are going to book up for the Sunday lunch which sounds lovely and a good price £10.95 with free dessert, great service and very friendly