“Great Food, Great Ambience, Great Service”
Review of Cena Trattoria

Cena Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Yarm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Yarms premier Italian restaurant, providing artesian pizza's from our Woodstone oven and hand made pasta's made daily in premise. We are open Monday to Saturday from noon all day. Reservations taken for our first floor dining room and first come, first served walk in basis downstairs.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with friends - had a lovely meal, which was very tasty - starter was sharing boards and then followed by risotto, lasagne and pork rigatoni - yum ! Service was great, with not too long to wait for food even though the place was full. One niggle (and it is a niggle at all restaurants) is £25 for a bottle of Prosecco is rather steep when you know it's worth between £5 and £7 to buy wholesale / retail. Why can't restaurants charge a reasonable price and diners would (in my view) more likely to drink more or have a sweet / coffee.

2  Thank Richard A

Hi Richard

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal. I'm sorry that you feel that £25 is to high of a price for Prosecco. We try to offer our customers a high quality produce. We hope you return again soon.

Many thank

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Wife and I came to Cena for our 8th year wedding anniversary. The Restaurant is small but with a nice intimate atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed a few nice drinks from the range of cocktails and sampled some of the wine.
We found the waiting staff to be polite and punctual, and more than happy to help with any requests.
For our meals my wife had the Basil Bucatini which she absolutely loved and I had the Pork Milanese which I thoroughly enjoyed. The meals were very well presented and the portions were the right size for our three course meal.
For Desserts we shared a Salted Caramel Cheese Cake and the Tiramisu, they were both out of this world.
We found Cena Trattoria to be on par with any of the restaurants we visited in Italy and recommend Cena to anybody, and we will certainly
be visiting again.

2  Thank Matthew P

Hi Mathew

Thank you for reviewing us at Cena. We are so pleased you decided to celebrate your anniversary with us. Your review is much appreciated and we look forward to both of you returning again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for lunch on a Sunday
Good location and a nice restaurant in terms of design etc.
Menu was varied and some really interesting dishes.
Food was good
Cocktails tasty
Only thing that let the place down was the attitude of the staff. Only one waitress even bothered to make the effort to be friendly/cheerful.

1  Thank Chris B

Hi Chris

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we use all reviews good and bad to progress as a team. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and cocktails. I'm sorry that you felt the staffs attitude let us down. If you would like to chat about the issues you had please contact me on 01642 780088.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited for a family celebration, food was great as always, no complaints there.

But what has happened to those delicious olives they used to give out? Such a let down not to be offered any!

Also a top tip for anyone visiting Cena, book a table and insist that it is not next to the pizza oven! We have seemed to end up here time and time again, presumably as we weren't wise enough to ask in advance to be places somewhere else. It might seem ok, but you will soon find its either like an inferno or they've stuck the A/C above the table on extra cold and you're wishing you had brought your wooly hat!!

Management response:Responded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal with us. Sorry that you miss the olives they are still available to order. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went in for a spot lunch hubby had pizza £14 said it was nice but pricey i had crab salad it wasn't fresh crab it was from a tin how disappointing

Management response:Responded 2 weeks ago

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We use all these reviews to progress as a team. I am sorry that you thought the crab in your salad was from a tin but I can assure you we only use the freshest of ingredients delivered daily by our local fishmonger. I hope that you will return again.

Joe Bearpark