Lafodia Hotel & Resort(Lopud)
US$111
US$102
  • Breakfast included
La Villa(Lopud)
US$104
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sipan(Sipanska Luka)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsother islandsnothing is too much troublespecial mentionsun loungershalf boardrelaxing breakfishfantastic hotelsea viewfamily runinfinity poolattic roomsea urchinssipanska lukatransfer from the airportrestaurant next doorgreat fun
Reviewed 11 December 2014

If you want to get away from it all, to somewhere quiet, where you will be well looked after by the friendly staff, then this is the place for you.

Also note: The small family run restaurant next door, the 'Tri Sestre' (three sisters) is well worth the visit.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 8 December 2014

For an island holiday the Hotel Bozica provides an ideal base, the service, facilities and location are excellent. The staff are friendly and attentive ensuring a relaxed holiday is enjoyed. Our transfer to the hotel by speed boat provided a glamorous start to our holiday.

The hotel has its own sea front area and the water was warm and clear for swimming, although not absolutely necessary water we took and found water shoes useful, this is normal for the coast in Croatia. The hotel's restaurant is very good and the bar provides a nice area to relax and chat with other guests. There is a small family run restaurant next to the hotel which is also very good. Although it's a long walk or short bus ride to the main town on the island, which has a little more in the way of restaurants/bars I think the Hotel Bozica is the better place to stay on the island.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2014

I was well looked after from the moment I arrived at Dubrovnik airport until the hotel minibus dropped me off there at the end of my stay. What a perfect experience for a solo traveller, to be transported seamlessly by road and speedboat to the hotel dock, and to have my luggage carried up the steps to my room while I checked in :) The hotel staff are so professional and friendly, and it's clear that they take pride in providing an excellent service. I stayed at the end of the season and there weren't many tourist businesses open on the island by then, so I hired a bike one day, then spent the rest of my time lazing on the terraces next to the water and swimming in the clear calm sea. At that time of year there was plenty of room and seclusion for each group of people to set up sunbeds, and multiple places to get in and out of the water without having to tread on rocks.

My balcony seaview room was clean and well-equipped with plenty of storage space and a TV with plenty of channels. Wifi was excellent in my room although could be patchy in some parts of the hotel. I had lovely views of the nearby village, the ferries that come and go from Dubrovnik, the other islands and the mountainous mainland. It was very quiet at night, perhaps helped by the small numbers of guests at that time of year, but I noticed that there was a kind of padded seal around the door to the adjoining room to prevent noise, so it looks like the hotel tries to provide peace and quiet to their guests.

With so few eating choices on the rest of the island at the end of October, I was glad I'd booked half board. Breakfast was plentiful, varied and fresh; you can have freshly cooked eggs if you want them, and everything else is buffet style. The a la carte menu for lunch, and for those not on half board at dinner, provided a lot of choice at all levels of budget. I was more than happy with the incredible choice per course that was offered on their half board dinner menu, with plenty of local and international dishes. I loved the small plates of olives and fish brought before the start of the meal, and sadly only managed a dessert once because portion sizes were so generous. I ate fresh grilled fish a coupe of times which was cooked beautifully, and their meat dishes were also excellent. I drank local wine by the glass which was perfect. Service was good - the waiters knew what they were doing and remembered preferences from the very first night.

There's a lounge and bar, equipped with books and comfortable chairs. The hotel seems to be aimed at the kind of people who don't need formal entertainment and who can find their own enjoyment in the beautiful surroundings. There didn't appear to be any special provision for children, and you'd have to keep a careful eye on the very young because of the depth of water and also the steps from the sea to the hotel. Having said that, there were families with children there who seemed to be enjoying a quiet holiday, along with the mainly older crowd.

When a group of departing guests were waved off the dock by a member of staff who called out "see you next year", I decided that I'd very much like to be a repeat visitor too.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my balcony room, and thought it was big enough for a couple. But if you choose to not have a balcony, I think the seaview rooms without balcony are bigger. Either way, it's hard to imagine a bad room here.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tripbiscuit
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We spent 5 nights at Hotel Bozica, it was very peaceful and just what we were looking for. The water was wonderful for a morning dip. We ate in the Hotel on a few occassions and were not disappointed. The fish was fantastic! Sipan is ferry ride away from the mainland so if you are looking for a lively nightlife this wouldn't suit. We will return to this hidden gem!

Room Tip: Balcony is a must to take in the beautiful views.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tor66
Reviewed 22 October 2014

Thanks again to everyone at Bozica for our second superb holiday in Sipan as a family - made all the more wonderful in our memories since our return to wind and rain lashed Scotland. We were first here in 2012. The hotel is more or less still the same; its real winning points for us are its unrivalled location with most superb views and sea front access and its staff. If you enjoy swimming in clear blue and warm seas with stunning scenery all round then you may never want to go anywhere else again. It is also ideal centre for snorkelling and kayaking as well. The bikes were more abundant and in better shape this time and we enjoyed a few outings across the island.
The hotel is wonderfully bright and airy and we had lovely sea views and balcony from our room. The rooms are well cared for and cleaned daily by very nice and respectful staff. Shower was excellent except on our last morning; we were leaving on the 6a.m. ferry and the water in the 5a.m. shower was a bit chilly. Lots of clean towels and toiletries on a daily basis as well.
The breakfasts are something else that would draw us back; we loved the range of fresh fruit, breads, pastries, cheese, ham, vegetables, bacon and sausages in the buffet. We had salted doughnuts this time which I did not remember from before. Maria told me how to make them so I will give it a go but doubt they will be as good as the ones we had here. Most of all we loved Elvira's omelettes though; she was not there 2 years ago and is a great addition to the staff.
The restaurant meals for lunch and dinner were overall fairly good; there is large choice of food with good range of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. Sometimes some of the dishes were a bit bland and disappointing - I think that this is the one area that could be improved. The wine was excellent especially the house white which is from Croatia and to me (no expert at all!) tasted quite like Spanish verdejo
The staff are all lovely in the hotel; they are really nice people and very well trained. I think they were tired at the end of the season but they were always willing to help. Someone else commented that they may have been hard pressed at times; certainly they did not seem to slack at all.
We love this place, we will be back again definitely. I am not sure that I want to broadcast too much how great it is as part of its charm is its size and attention to detail. Please never lose that!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - some of the rooms have bigger balconies which are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family